SED, backspace

Diccon

Aug 5, 2009, 10:11:48 AM8/5/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Anyone ever figure out why SED doesn't respond to terminal/keys as the
shell does?
I.E. when I enter SED backspace acts as DEL, tel phreaks out, etc.
As if I hadn't done a TERM LINUX.

Its the main reason SED drives me up the wall tbh.

Side note: Will look at integrating Tom's VIM script into
workdevbranch1 over the weekend.

-Diccon

Gary

Aug 9, 2009, 11:44:04 AM8/9/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Diccon,

I played with this a little over the weekend. It seems that the
BIGGEST problem is that Linux, by default, sends ASCII DEL (0x7f) when
you press backspace. I tried mapping that in the SED keybindings, but
LOAD.KEYS does NOT recognize '@?' as a control-key (^?). This is
probably a bug in SED. I finally gave up and decided to tell Linux
to use ^H for the backspace key. Then, in terminfo.mods, I remapped
kbs to ^H as well so that QM in command mode and SED work the same.
(It IS a pain.) On the bright side, when I was messing around with
SED and key bindings, I got PageUp and PageDown working with my PageUp
and PageDown keys. :-)

GaryW

Diccon

Aug 10, 2009, 9:57:07 AM8/10/09
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Ok, so its the faff I feared it might be. Thanks loads for digging it
up and yeay for PgUp & Down :)
Terminal issues are the bain of my life lol.
I think I'll get on with integrating the Wrapper script, then people
can configure Vi, emacs, nano what ever they like as their editor. The
significance is it has to have a working editor out of the box, or
fresh installs are still going to be a pain to manipulate.

Cheers Gary.
-Diccon