[OSS] ENCRYPT function

Brian Speirs

May 17, 2010, 3:24:46 AM5/17/10
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Hi,

I've just tried using the ENCRYPT function in the GPL version, and get
an illegal opcode error:

PROGRAM TEST
txt = 'Password'
ekey = 'aSWCCuFtD0yD'
enctxt = ENCRYPT(txt, ekey)
CRT enctxt
END

RUN BP TEST
000000CA: Illegal opcode xCFDF at line 5 of /home/qm/qmintro/BP.OUT/
TEST

Has anyone else struck this?

The same program works fine in Commercial/Windows 2.10-1.

Cheers,

Brian

Martin Phillips

May 17, 2010, 5:53:29 AM5/17/10
to openqm-o...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brian,

> I've just tried using the ENCRYPT function in the GPL version, and
> get an illegal opcode error:

This is correct. Encryption is not in the GPL version.

Martin Phillips
Ladybridge Systems Ltd
17b Coldstream Lane, Hardingstone, Northampton, NN4 6DB
+44-(0)1604-709200

Brian Speirs

May 17, 2010, 8:39:20 AM5/17/10
to OpenQM-OpenSource
Hi Martin,

Thanks for that explanation - much simpler than I thought!

Cheers,

Brian

On 17 May, 10:53, "Martin Phillips" <martinphill...@ladybridge.com>