ANN: Openpyxl 3.0.10 released

Charlie Clark

May 19, 2022, 11:48:24 AM5/19/22
to openpyxl-users, python-excel

Hiya everyone,

this is a brief announcement that Openpyxl 3.0.10 has been released. This is bugfix release with a few changes – I've been really bus over the last nine months but things are starting to settle down.

The following bugs have been fixed:

It's hoped that this will be the last release of the 3.0 branch. Work on 3.1 is well advanced, which will include support for rich text within cells as well as more information when workbooks can't be opened. But there are still two PRs outstanding:

  • custom properties – this should be fairly straightforward but the specification is unnecessarily complex and C-like :-/
  • search function for worksheets – this is currently limited to text only but, based on questions, I've seen around, could be extended for other uses such as formats. Please feel to join the discussion and development if you need this kind function a lot yourself.

Also, unfortunately, there are problems with the automatic generation of the documentation on Read The Docs. This seems to be related to the OS image used not having the prerequisites for the current version of Mercurial. It's affecting other projects so will hopefully be resolved soon.

Charlie

--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director