Creating OPDS from directory of EPUB files

Ori Idan

Aug 10, 2012, 2:30:27 PM8/10/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if there is a script that can take a list of EPUB files and create an OPDS feed from it.
I am thinking about writing a program that will take a directory full of EPUB files and create an OPDS feed but before writing such a thing I wonder if anyone has done it before me.

--
Ori Idan

Hadrien Gardeur

Aug 16, 2012, 12:20:39 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ori,

I'm not aware of a standalone software capable of creating an OPDS feed out of a list of EPUB files. That would definitely be a nice addition to the OPDS ecosystem.

Do you plan on posting your source on Github once you're ready for a first release ?

Hadrien

Ori Idan

Aug 16, 2012, 12:23:41 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I wrote something for my own use, I will post it to github later today. I will be happy if someone can go over it and make sure it creates a valid feed.
It is written in Perl and GTK+ for the GUI.
Tested on Ubuntu Linux 12.04

Ori Idan

Hadrien Gardeur

Aug 16, 2012, 12:26:45 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
You can easily test the output if you'd like: http://opds-validator.appspot.com/

Ori Idan

Aug 16, 2012, 12:39:41 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Hadrien Gardeur <hadrien...@feedbooks.com> wrote:
You can easily test the output if you'd like: http://opds-validator.appspot.com/

Thank you very much.
I got some strange errors.
Column 10 element "summery" from namespace "http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" not allowed in this context
I have seen element summery inside <entry> same as I did.

--
Ori Idan

Tim Jones

Aug 16, 2012, 12:41:12 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Is this a spelling error?  Summery -> Summary?

Ori Idan

Aug 16, 2012, 12:43:10 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 7:41 PM, Tim Jones <pala...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is this a spelling error?  Summery -> Summary?
‎Thank you it was an error in my script that emitted summery instead of summary.

--
Ori Idan

Ori Idan

Aug 16, 2012, 12:59:07 PM8/16/12
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I have just uploaded a preliminary release to github.
The license is GPL

--
Ori Idan