Request -- SciELO Books

Amanda Ramalho

Feb 22, 2016, 12:20:37 PM2/22/16
to Open Publication Distribution System
Dear,

This is to request you the possibility to add SciELO Books as an example of collection that uses OPDS (opds.books.scielo.org/opds). We are the leading academic eBook program in Latin America and we do publish mainly in Portuguese. Taking SciELO as one of the example will show the diversity of application of OPDS as well as will contribute to increase our visibility and adoption of international standards.

Thank you in advance for your attention.

Sincerely yours,

--
Amanda Ramalho
SciELO Books Unit

Hadrien Gardeur

Feb 22, 2016, 12:24:24 PM2/22/16
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Amanda,

I just took a quick look at your link and it returns a 404 error. Is your catalog based on OPDS 1.1? Do you use facets for example?

Thanks,
Hadrien

Amanda Ramalho

Feb 22, 2016, 12:37:38 PM2/22/16
to Open Publication Distribution System
Hi Hadrien,

Sorry. I forgot the "/". The correct link is http://opds.books.scielo.org/opds/.

Jean-Marie Geffroy

Feb 23, 2016, 7:13:28 AM2/23/16
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello Amanda,

Thank you for this interesting link. I have tried it with my preferred app, and it is accessible. However I have some issues with alphabetical categories for letters with accents, such as http://opds.books.scielo.org/opds/alpha/%C3%80 which gives a 500 Internal Server error.
Access to covers is rather slow but I'm located in Europe, maybe you don't have use a CDN ?

Cheers,

Jean-Marie

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Open Publication Distribution System" group.

Amanda Ramalho

Feb 24, 2016, 1:22:48 PM2/24/16
to Open Publication Distribution System
Hello Jean-Marie,

I will ask to SciELO IT Team about this error. I will write to you ASAP.

Amanda Ramalho