Advanced Calibration of Bottom Camera Failed

Greg Toman

Jan 21, 2023, 5:45:33 AM1/21/23
to OpenPnP
After performing the advanced calibration of the bottom camera, which seemed successful and showed good accuracy data, I exited the Openpnp software. When I re-opened it, the video for the bottom camera only occupied a quarter of its window, and I got "Nozzle tip calibration : too many vision misdetects. Check piplline and threshold." It seemed the compressed size video didn't allow it to see the nozzle.

I turned off the "Enable the advanced calibration to override the old style image..." setting, the compressed video moved to a different quarter of its window, but it still would not perform the nozzle calibration.

I exited the OpenPNP software, and restarted it, and it worked again.

This was the second time I performed the advanced calibration. I didn't have these problems after the first advanced calibration. I don't know if that is a factor or not.

So for now, I will not use the advanced calibration, but it sounds quite beneficial, so if anyone knows how to resolve this so I can use the advanced calibration, let me know.

Thanks
Greg

mark maker

Jan 21, 2023, 9:21:32 AM1/21/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

If you haven't yet, I recommend upgrading to the latest test version of OpenPnP.

Test Downloads – OpenPnP

Then, as Tony already recommended, please follow Issues & Solutions. A lot of knowledge and years of trouble-shooting distilled in there.

Issues and Solutions · openpnp/openpnp Wiki · GitHub

_Mark

tonyl...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2023, 10:19:51 AM1/21/23
to OpenPnP
And please post your machine.xml and your log file from when you ran Advanced Calibration - we can't troubleshoot much without the data.

Tony