Grab mechanism for feeder.

Alexander

Aug 2, 2022, 5:39:34 AM8/2/22
to OpenPnP
P1010017.JPG
Grab mechanism for feeder. Makes a rectangular movement 4mm, thickness 10mm.

Alexander

Sep 28, 2022, 9:25:24 AM9/28/22
to OpenPnP
Video of work.
вторник, 2 августа 2022 г. в 12:39:34 UTC+3, Alexander:

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Sep 28, 2022, 10:21:11 AM9/28/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Alexander,
first of all: good job!! 👏👏
I'd like to make suggestion if you appreciate.
In my opinion it is possible to improve the pin that drags the tape. Conical instead of cylindrical because often the dimensions of the holes are not all the same.
In this way the conical tip fills any discrepancy.

LAG

Jason von Nieda

Sep 28, 2022, 10:32:47 AM9/28/22
to OpenPnP
Nice work Alexander! This is a very novel way of feeding I don't think I've seen before. I like it!

Jason

Shai

Oct 4, 2022, 9:25:11 PM10/4/22
to OpenPnP
Very interesting. I am curious though, how do you plan to stop it at the right time so that you can peel the cover off without it pulling the smt tape in reverse? Watching the video it seems like there's a small window of opportunity in time to pause the gears? Are you able to modify the gear mechanism to buy more time before it disengages ?

Alexander

Oct 13, 2022, 10:10:59 AM10/13/22
to OpenPnP
Changed the mechanism.
среда, 5 октября 2022 г. в 04:25:11 UTC+3, Shai:

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Oct 13, 2022, 11:09:05 AM10/13/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Alexander,
good job... 👏👏

LAG

Markus Oberle

Oct 15, 2022, 6:29:55 PM10/15/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Alex,

nice job, I like it.
Do you have already a final formfactor in mind?

Alexander

Oct 20, 2022, 7:25:00 AM10/20/22
to OpenPnP
Model tests for the accuracy of the mechanism.
воскресенье, 16 октября 2022 г. в 01:29:55 UTC+3, markuso...@googlemail.com:

Alexander

Nov 23, 2022, 8:51:50 AM11/23/22
to OpenPnP
A little advanced in the manufacture of the feeder.P1010022.JPG

четверг, 20 октября 2022 г. в 14:25:00 UTC+3, Alexander:

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Nov 23, 2022, 8:56:57 AM11/23/22
to OpenPnP
Good Job Alexander...
Do you think provide a video for purpose?

LAG

Alexander

Nov 23, 2022, 9:03:43 AM11/23/22
to OpenPnP
I'll post the video when it's ready. 1-2 months.

среда, 23 ноября 2022 г. в 15:56:57 UTC+2, ls.info...@gmail.com:

Jon Raymond

Nov 23, 2022, 10:57:29 AM11/23/22
to OpenPnP
Really interesting looking mechanism. Looking forward to watching your development of this.

Александр Астраханцев

Mar 5, 2023, 10:19:47 PM3/5/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com
IMG_20230306_061209.jpg

ср, 23 нояб. 2022 г. в 17:57, Jon Raymond <dirtye...@gmail.com>:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/ca3a6ca5-e30f-4baf-aac1-c5519f3f9f12n%40googlegroups.com.

Alexander

May 15, 2023, 6:35:11 AM5/15/23
to OpenPnP
Feeder test tape 0402.   https://youtu.be/HqOC2bd0yFc

понедельник, 6 марта 2023 г. в 05:19:47 UTC+2, Alexander:

Mike Menci

May 21, 2023, 9:41:45 AM5/21/23
to OpenPnP
Aleksandr can you show which mechanics are you using?

Alexander

May 22, 2023, 6:03:04 AM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
IMG_20230522_125703.jpg
Feeder 12 mm, with installation on an aluminum profile.
воскресенье, 21 мая 2023 г. в 16:41:45 UTC+3, mike....@gmail.com:

Ben

May 22, 2023, 6:33:20 AM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
very nice.

M. Mencinger

May 22, 2023, 6:50:10 AM5/22/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com
With electronics you control warm to do 1 turn only for 4mm tape advancing?
Mike

--
Mike

"--
 **************************************************************************************************************
This e-mail may be confidential and it may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.
 SAVE THE NATURE - SAVE PAPER - THINK BEFORE YOU PRINT!  "

Alexander

May 22, 2023, 9:53:21 AM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
One magnetic hall sensor cannot work with two magnets, for 2mm tape movement.
One turn of the feeder mechanism = 4 mm of tape movement.

понедельник, 22 мая 2023 г. в 13:50:10 UTC+3, mike....@gmail.com:

Mike Menci

May 22, 2023, 11:28:08 AM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
If you use   line sensor which detects the black line on a white background you can do it each 2mm tape advancing
Imagine your Worm on end of N20 gear Motor exit shaft.
See its operation here; https://youtu.be/iHhMKi98kfg

12V DC_half turn N20.jpg

Mike Menci

May 22, 2023, 12:13:58 PM5/22/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com
You search eBay or AliExpress for this enclosure image0.jpegimage1.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 May 2023, at 17:28, Mike Menci <mike....@gmail.com> wrote:

If you use   line sensor which detects the black line on a white background you can do it each 2mm tape advancing
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/04cc1900-d1f8-485b-bfe0-0df71fdc4729n%40googlegroups.com.
<12V DC_half turn N20.jpg>

Alexander

May 22, 2023, 1:06:04 PM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
The sensor is currently set to linear travel. In the video, I will assume that the magnet is on the motor shaft, these are rotational movements. For the arrangement shown in the video, the motor needs 24 revolutions to make a full cycle of 4 mm linear movement.
It needs a controller, I'm a bad programmer.

понедельник, 22 мая 2023 г. в 19:13:58 UTC+3, mike....@gmail.com:

Mike Menci

May 22, 2023, 1:10:52 PM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
Alex,
Can you please clarify - the motor needs 24 revolutions for 4mm tape advancing
or the shaft at the end of Motor Gearbox needs 24 revolutions to make 4mm tape advancing

Alexander

May 22, 2023, 1:20:53 PM5/22/23
to OpenPnP
On the output shaft, the gear motor must make 24 revolutions = 4 mm linear movement cycle of this mechanism.

понедельник, 22 мая 2023 г. в 20:10:52 UTC+3, mike....@gmail.com:

bing luo

May 23, 2023, 12:55:26 PM5/23/23
to OpenPnP
Your worm looks very accurate when it rotates half a turn or one turn. I use a photoelectric switch for position detection,
But it always has deviations and won't stop at the same position every time. I have also ordered magnets and Hall sensors, hoping to make some improvements.

微信图片_20230524005317.jpg

Alexander

May 24, 2023, 1:44:56 AM5/24/23
to OpenPnP
IMG_20230524_083735.jpg
bing luo,  I tested optical and magnetic position sensors, optical gave better results in terms of accuracy. When testing the magnetic sensor, a miniature round magnet 1 mm was used.

вторник, 23 мая 2023 г. в 19:55:26 UTC+3, tianl...@gmail.com:

Mike Menci

May 24, 2023, 5:07:35 AM5/24/23
to OpenPnP
N20 gearbox with motor and BLACK COLLAR on white plastic =  line sensor which detects the black line on a white background
Here the photos of assembly :
IMG_2264.jpg
IMG_2266.jpg
IMG_2265.jpg

Mike Menci

May 24, 2023, 5:09:49 AM5/24/23
to OpenPnP
Just a note: This works good in enclosure, which means sensor is in complete darkness and it works!
Mike

Alexander

May 24, 2023, 5:22:23 AM5/24/23
to OpenPnP
2016-07-28 22-40-09.JPGThe implemented black and white stripe recognition solution was created by Mikhail Yurov five years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t2hQxZ6_u4&t=9s
среда, 24 мая 2023 г. в 12:09:49 UTC+3, mike....@gmail.com:

Alexander

May 24, 2023, 5:57:32 AM5/24/23
to OpenPnP
2017-08-01_21-51-37.jpg

среда, 24 мая 2023 г. в 12:22:23 UTC+3, Alexander:

Alexander

May 29, 2023, 4:56:25 AM5/29/23
to OpenPnP
Optical sensor test. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_or0HVSqj8

среда, 24 мая 2023 г. в 12:57:32 UTC+3, Alexander:

bing luo

Jun 2, 2023, 6:49:14 AM6/2/23
to OpenPnP
Very good testing,   This still   need an STM8  to receive this optical signal and then control the start and stop of the motor。

DoTheDiy (Apoorv Chaudhary)

Jun 2, 2023, 10:44:24 PM6/2/23
to OpenPnP
Very unique design. Last night I spent quite some time understanding reuleaux triangle but could not figure out :) the calculation for design to advance 4mm. If anyone knows this please explain

DoTheDiy (Apoorv Chaudhary)

Jun 3, 2023, 10:08:12 AM6/3/23
to OpenPnP
Did a quick mockup to understand it further will print and try

Screenshot 2023-06-03 193559.png

M. Mencinger

Jun 3, 2023, 10:42:09 AM6/3/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Alexander

Jun 3, 2023, 10:45:46 AM6/3/23
to OpenPnP
Interesting, curiosity. What printer model, repeatability and accuracy will turn out. Need up to 0.03 mm.
In addition to the mechanism itself based on the pello figure, you need a worm shaft made accurately. It is very doubtful that this can be made on a 3D printer.

суббота, 3 июня 2023 г. в 17:08:12 UTC+3, apoo...@gmail.com: