Weird panelization bug

Tomislav Darlic

Apr 6, 2019, 7:17:36 PM4/6/19
to OpenPnP
Hi guys
I've noticed weird panelization bug today.
I've panelized a board in two rows by 3 boards all together 6 boards. After starting a job openpnp marks all parts already placed on one board as placed on all boards. It actually places them on all boards but marks them as placed on all boards as soon as the part is placed on one. That's not a problem by itself but when the machine stops for error or you stop a job for whatever reason there is no way you can tell which parts are placed on all boards and which are not. Removing placed mark on one board immediately removes that mark on all boards.

Is this normal behavior or is this a bug? This way panelization does not make sense.
I've even tried to input 6 separate boards from 6 separate boards files but this behavior ocuured again and marked all Ma parts placed on all boards when in fact they were placed only on one.

Any ideas.

TDarlic

Jason von Nieda

Apr 6, 2019, 8:05:03 PM4/6/19
to ope...@googlegroups.com
That sounds like a bug. Are you on the stable or latest branch?

Jason

Tomislav Darlic

Apr 7, 2019, 2:19:20 AM4/7/19
to OpenPnP
I am on stable. Win7 x64

Tomislav Darlic

Apr 7, 2019, 7:15:53 AM4/7/19
to OpenPnP
My about box says 2019-02-09_19-58-57.296d901

I found today that I can get the OpenPnP to behave if I edit the XML job file directly. But this lasts for a short time before I reload the job and the issue is repeated. I stopped using the panelization feature and assemble the boards one by one.

TDarlic

Balázs Kiss

Sep 30, 2021, 9:52:57 AM9/30/21
to OpenPnP
Hello Guys,

I don't know, if it is adequate to hijack this relative old thread, but we have similar "issues" with panelization. We experienced this "symptom", which is not perfect (but we can live with it). However another complication disturbs us more: panelization makes standard rotation and position for all boards relative to each other. Our experience shows, that this is not accurate (each panel has slight disposition). It can be caused by inaccurate vision or mechanics, but if we don't use panelization and handle the boards one-by-one, with separate fiducial checks, everything is fine and perfect.
We have 0603 parts, therefor misalignment is not acceptable (Liteplacer+tinyg+openpnp2.0 2021-08-08). Thank you for any help in advance!

Best regards,
Balázs and Mosso

Marc L

Nov 14, 2022, 5:47:37 PM11/14/22
to OpenPnP
Having same issue with 20220801 stable / dev build (not test)

tonyl...@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2022, 10:59:10 PM11/14/22
to OpenPnP
This is a known bug and I'm working on it.