Multiple drivers - GcodeAsyncDriver DEBUG: serial://COM3 //COM4 connection issues

104 просмотра

Zdenko Stanec

не прочитано,
11 окт. 2021 г., 14:01:4711.10.2021
– OpenPnP
Good evening,

I was constantly "putting under the carpet" an issue I have every time I turn ON the machine, I thought it was a computer-based issue because of lack of the USB controllers, I switched to another PC (HP EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF) with a bunch of USB2.0 and 3.0 but the same thing is happening, I even connected one Smoothie to USB3.0 another one to USB2.0... same issues.

As I made a 4 head machine I am using 2 Smoothie boards and I constantly get connection issues when I start OpenPnP and press the "Turn on the machine button", sometimes only one Smoothie connects, some times non of them connects, and when I go to the GcodeAsyncDriver and start Fidgeting with COM ports like selecting it again and pressing Approve, restarting the OpenPnP and so on... I get it to work after 5-10 tries...

I don't want to do this anymore it is taking a lot of time just to get it working :D...

Trace/Debug log in attachment with multiple tries, Connect wait time is on 10s in this *.xml but I tested with 15s and 20s too.

Maybe I really need more USB controllers. 🤔

P.S. I am running a Test revision of OpenPnP as I was testing new features.

Thanks for help,

Best regards,

Zdenko
machine.xml
Trace.txt

Mike Menci

не прочитано,
13 окт. 2021 г., 06:01:4713.10.2021
– OpenPnP
USB 2.0 hub should work only - but not all of them do work, I tested several...!! and only one did the magic.
USB 3.0 hub will do not work with OpenPnP to my knowledge and tests...
Mike

Zdenko Stanec

не прочитано,
15 окт. 2021 г., 14:59:2615.10.2021
– OpenPnP
I did not mention any USB Hub-s, I am not using them and I will for sure not buy them, the only thing I am considering buying is PCIex USB3.0 controllers.

But I think I solved the issue.

Br,

ma...@makr.zone

не прочитано,
15 окт. 2021 г., 15:03:2315.10.2021
– ope...@googlegroups.com

Just for the record: a USB 3.0 Hub will work, it just passes USB 2.0 through when a 2.0 Device is talking. I'm using one without problems.

_Mark

David Griffiths

не прочитано,
16 окт. 2021 г., 20:24:0416.10.2021
– OpenPnP
@zdenko how did you solve the issue?  I have had this same problem many times with one Smoothieboard  on Win10. At present it is behaving (touch wood) and I don't think I have changed anything significant.

It would be great if Smoothie handled ethernet efficiently!

DG

Zdenko Stanec

не прочитано,
17 окт. 2021 г., 04:28:1617.10.2021
– OpenPnP
Hi David,

I went back to check the config.txt files on Smoothie_1 and 2, I removed all unnecessary stuff from it plus I had a planner_queue_size on 40 (I don't know why), I changed it to 32 and for now, I don't have any issues, parallel with that on Smoothie_1 I changed Connect Wait time to 4000ms and on Smoothie_2 to 6000ms.

Running it on Windows 10, one more thing I changed in Device Manager COM port settings, Bits per second to 115200 so it is the same as in OpenPnP.

Br,
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать