Backlash issue : large error detected

marceau....@gmail.com

May 3, 2022, 10:47:01 AM5/3/22
to OpenPnP
Hi,

From several days I try to do the backlash calibration, but got same error each time :
Capture.PNG

Before I do the pixel per mm calibration, the Primary fiducial calibration, but same error when I try to do the backlash calibration.

Someone had an idea ?

bert shivaan

May 3, 2022, 11:06:37 AM5/3/22
to OpenPnP
first can you confirm if the 1.973mm is correct? If it is, you might want to try and fix it on your machine. If it is not, then the pixel size must be wrong I think.

marceau....@gmail.com

May 3, 2022, 11:53:04 AM5/3/22
to OpenPnP
I doesn't exactly understand what correspond the 1.973mm.  So I don't know where I need to search ^^

I can say that when I ask the machine to move to 1mm, it is ok, I checked this with a ruler.
If I ask to moove the machine with the "drag" function on the picture, it is ok if the target point is near from the center (some millimeters), but if the target if far (1cm or 2), I had a little placement error.

mark maker

May 4, 2022, 3:27:44 AM5/4/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Strange. Just to double-check:

  1. you did the preliminary Camera calibration more or less as shown in the first part of this video:
    https://youtu.be/md68n_J7uto
    Right?

  2. and then - without changing anything on the machine or in the camera setting - you did the backlash calibration, using the same unmoved fiducial, i.e. the primary fiducial?
    Like in the second part of this video?
    https://youtu.be/md68n_J7uto?t=329

_Mark

marceau....@gmail.com

May 4, 2022, 9:26:28 AM5/4/22
to OpenPnP
Yes, I do this step in this order and nothing else, no moove of the fiducial, nothing :
Capture.PNG

After that I try to do the Backlash compensation, and again got the error...

marceau....@gmail.com

May 12, 2022, 9:28:54 AM5/12/22
to OpenPnP
Hi,

Someone got the same issue ?

mark maker

May 12, 2022, 11:59:53 AM5/12/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Put a ruler or millimeter paper on a surface, that is at PCB/default Z, i.e. the same as the primary fiducial Z!

Then check the ruler/millimeter paper against the grid on the cross-hairs. Does it match?

_Mark