Error in the program.

asm...@gmail.com

Apr 10, 2021, 11:02:12 AM4/10/21
to OpenPnP

2021-04-10 14:15:15.836 ReferenceMachine DEBUG: setEnabled(true)
2021-04-10 14:15:18.890 GcodeDriver$ReaderThread ERROR: Read error
2021-04-10 14:15:18.890 GcodeAsyncDriver DEBUG: serial://COM3 commandQueue.offer(G21 ; Set millimeters mode, 5000)...
2021-04-10 14:15:18.890 GcodeAsyncDriver$WriterThread ERROR: Write error on serial://COM3: java.io.IOException: Write error.
2021-04-10 14:15:18.890 MessageBoxes DEBUG: Enable Failure: serial://COM3 IO Error on reading from the controller.
if you look at line 2 and then line 3 and 4 (the driver) Maby thats way i cant read/write to my com port on my ney setup.

ma...@makr.zone

Apr 11, 2021, 4:20:02 AM4/11/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Just to make sure:

  1. Are you sure you got the right port? Windows sometimes assigns different port name for reasons I was unable to pin down.
  2. Are you sure there are no other programs having that port open, including possibly crashed ones?

Note, Windows is very stubborn when it comes to sitting on COM ports. The underlying architecture is not like UNIX, in Windows the name of a port/file is locked, not the underlying device/file body (inode) (that's why you need to reboot Windows so often and sometimes multiple times after upgrades). Even unplugging/re-plugging does not help to "reset" the situation, if a zombie process is still sitting on the com port name. Sometimes I simply had to reboot Windows for things to sort themselves out.

If this is a Smoothieware controller and you have the SD card drive enabled, you need to wait for the drive to appear in Windows, before you connect OpenPnP. This takes longer and longer over the years, probably due to more and more security checks being performed on these drives by Windows and various installed security softwares.

_Mark