Wait for feeder to finish

Karl Ekdahl

May 10, 2023, 11:53:51 AM5/10/23
to OpenPnP
Hello,

what is the appropriate way of making openpnp start moving and actuating
a feeder at the same time, but for the final pickup to not occur until
the feeder reports back that its done moving? Preferably i'd want the XY
move to happen during the feed and the Z to move *after* the feeder is
done but i can deal with it moving down before the feeder is done as
long as it doesn't move *up* until the feeder is done.

Do i have to implement a "actuator read"-response in my feeder handling
or can i report back directly to the actuation command? My worry is that
while the feeder is running, the way my code is right now, the MCU
controlling the feeders is busy handling the feed and wont immediately
be able to respond to a "actuator read"-command which could make for
trouble?

Thanks!

Karl

mark maker

May 10, 2023, 1:13:48 PM5/10/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Didn't you ask this before?

Theoretically, it should work as I said here:

https://groups.google.com/g/openpnp/c/7EstsvVsCqU/m/iLI12e-kBgAJ

But in the end, I understand it was a Marlin problem. Marlin reporting back the coordinates when using the G92 command, in exactly the same way as M114 does, which screws up OpenPnP's location confirmation.

If this still applies, you may try switching on confirmation flow control and switching off location confirmation.

_Mark

Karl Ekdahl

May 10, 2023, 1:35:14 PM5/10/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mark

Yes you are correct, i am a derp. I will read and think some more, thanks.

Karl