Camera light actuators built-in, many other enhancements

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 14, 2021, 11:37:18 AM1/14/21
to OpenPnP
Hi all

there is a new testing version available featuring new built-in camera light actuation (no more scripting). It can support new Profile actuators, so you can control multi-channel lights like RGB etc. A pipeline can optionally control the light actuation, so different light profiles can be used on different pipelines.

In the course of this, actuators have been enhanced and unified across the Gcode/Http/Script implementations.

Likewise, camera classes have been enhanced and unified across the implementations. All camera implementations can now configure Preview FPS. The 0 fps mode ("stills mode") is fully supported, only the vision-captured images will then be shown. Live preview can also be suspended during jobs/machine tasks, giving a clean shot-by-shot camera view.

In single camera preview, the camera can now be automatically switched when it is active by vision or by user action. You can now have one large preview window to really see the details. Tip: Use right-click/Rendering Quality High on all cameras. Together with suspended live preview in jobs/tasks, a whole new experience is available (see  video).

A SwitcherCamera will no longer duplicate the wrong channel, instead the switched-off camera preview is frozen.

NOTE: I was not able to test OnvifIPCamera, Neoden4Camera. Users, I need your help to test these!!  Same with the SwitcherCamera on a real switched configuration (my tests were only log based).

Video:

Pull Request:

Download:

_Mark

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 14, 2021, 12:12:56 PM1/14/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
And again, with active links...

bert shivaan

Jan 14, 2021, 12:26:06 PM1/14/21
to OpenPnP
And the hits just keep coming!!
Looks AWESOME Mark, as always GREAT JOB!!!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/40ef877d-cfc0-40bc-b240-d84b998df34c%40makr.zone.

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 16, 2021, 8:31:33 AM1/16/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi ozzy_sv

Responding to this:

I found what the problem is, I need to remove the selection of points from  items   "before action"  "after action" in section machine coordination  in the actuator properties section,  the error disappears
but!
then the setting of the move selection before feed in the properties of the feeder ceases to affect the operation of the machine. (In this case, if the option is activated, the feeder first feeds the part and then the machine moves.)
This is not correct. !!

суббота, 16 января 2021 г. в 14:42:06 UTC+3, ozzy_sv:

    I tune the machine  further and again the problem :
    The actuator activation button does not work in the auto feeder setup menu and an error appears:  (actuator xxxx must not coordinate with machine when actuated outside mashine task)

    if the actuator is activated by the top button "perform feed and pick" or manually activated the actuator in the menu on the left side, then everything works.
    Tell me how to fix this please.
    I made a short video    https://youtu.be/sQBU5HLd6HI

Yes, that seems to be a problem of that Test button. It does not use a Machine Task as it should.

I will fix that. Will report back when new version is available.

_Mark

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/40ef877d-cfc0-40bc-b240-d84b998df34c%40makr.zone.

ozzy_sv

Jan 16, 2021, 9:41:27 AM1/16/21
to OpenPnP
Hi  Mark
yes, I have the latest test version. I redid the machine table and decided that I would start setting up the machine with the latest version.
The idea with camera lights is great. I also really liked the automatic selection of the active camera.
Thanks, I will wait for corrections on the Test  auto-feeder button.
суббота, 16 января 2021 г. в 16:31:33 UTC+3, ma...@makr.zone:

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 16, 2021, 4:09:23 PM1/16/21
to OpenPnP
New Testing version is now available. It should fix the Test button bug.

It also adds Auto Tool Select where user actions will automatically select the current tool in Machine Controls.

More info:

_Mark

ozzy_sv

Jan 18, 2021, 3:53:57 AM1/18/21
to OpenPnP
Hello Mark
i tested new version -  now the auto feeder test button works fine .
 I will continue testing, maybe I'll find something else

воскресенье, 17 января 2021 г. в 00:09:23 UTC+3, ma...@makr.zone:

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 18, 2021, 5:38:15 AM1/18/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Very good! Thanks ozzy_sv.

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 18, 2021, 5:40:34 AM1/18/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody

The testing version now contains additional Features and Fixes by @desertgreg, @tonyloken and me:

Please look into the PRs to see what's new:
https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/issues?q=label%3Atesting-round

Be sure to get the latest download (2021-01-18_10-27-14.6041b53) or newer.

_Mark

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 18, 2021, 5:50:02 AM1/18/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Best use the standard Testing Version download link:

https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

_Mark

ozzy_sv

Jan 18, 2021, 9:16:31 AM1/18/21
to OpenPnP
on the version that was in the morning, errors periodically occur, screenshots are attached
also i cant reproduce these errors again as there is no clear repeatability of errors

понедельник, 18 января 2021 г. в 13:50:02 UTC+3, ma...@makr.zone:
22.png
33.png

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 18, 2021, 10:25:58 AM1/18/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Many thanks, ozzy_sv!

Should be fixed, reasons see here:

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1108

Newest Testing Version download link:

https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

_Mark

ozzy_sv

Jan 19, 2021, 11:24:37 AM1/19/21
to OpenPnP
Hi
I noticed this feature.
if in the properties of the video camera set 0 frames per second (preview) then the exposure settings go into auto mode.
If you set the old exposure value, then it is not the same as it was before. And even with this new value, the image is very different from what it was before.
It seems to me that some camera settings are still getting lost. At the same time, all settings in the camera properties panel remain unchanged.
This happens on both the bottom and top   video cameras .

понедельник, 18 января 2021 г. в 18:25:58 UTC+3, ma...@makr.zone:

ozzy_sv

Jan 19, 2021, 11:28:47 AM1/19/21
to OpenPnP
If after that you set the preview value to the old value (I have 5 frames set), the exposure value switches back to auto mode.
But if you restore the very first value, then the image becomes normal, the same as before all the changes

вторник, 19 января 2021 г. в 19:24:37 UTC+3, ozzy_sv:

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 19, 2021, 12:16:15 PM1/19/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi ozzy_sv

thanks for the ongoing testing and reporting.

First: you are using OpenPnPCaptureCamera, right?

I played around with it. Can't reproduce it with my ELP camera, but I was able to reproduce a dark image with the 120fps Global Shutter Camera I have laying around (what type of camera do you have?).

When you set to 0 fps it just captures one frame and freezes that. I assume that when you freshly open the camera (happens when you press Apply) the camera undergoes a reset of sorts and it may require some frames for it to adapt to the new settings.

You can double-click in the camera view to settle and capture a new frame in an 0 fps camera (btw. those frames are saved into your home/.openpnp2/snapshots directory in native resolution i.e. you get the real quality).

Does this help with your camera? If yes, this would also resolve the issue when doing computer vision (a 0 fps Camera is really just for vision, so I think that's ok).

This behaviour in itself should not have changed from before. Have you tried this in an older OpenPnP version with the same camera?

_Mark

ma...@makr.zone

Jan 19, 2021, 12:31:56 PM1/19/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

This is really funny. When I do it many times the issue vanishes. I believe this is the Java JIT optimizing the code.

When the Java code is still too "cold", it is too slow to apply the settings before the C++ part captures the frame (or something). After many "Accepts" the code is optimized and fast enough.

;-)

You can also test it using Camera Settling Diagnostics:

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Camera-Settling

_Mark