New test build broken on Windows 7

Jason von Nieda

Mar 21, 2023, 11:54:09 AM3/21/23
to OpenPnP
Hi all, and @Roman,

Looks like there may be a problem with the new test build on Windows 7, and probably in general on older versions of Windows. Please hold off on updating until it's resolved.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason von Nieda

Mar 21, 2023, 12:00:24 PM3/21/23
to OpenPnP
Here is the most recent version before the breaking change, in case you need to reinstall:

And for reference, you can see historic versions here: https://openpnp.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=test

Jason

Jason von Nieda

Mar 27, 2023, 10:58:40 PM3/27/23
to OpenPnP
This should be fixed now, in the test branch. Please try the latest: https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

Issue was due to new openpnp-capture version being built with MinGW instead of Visual Studio. It is now being built with Visual Studio 2022. There is still a risk that it might not work on much older versions of Windows, but you should be able to install a support package.

Please let me know via this thread or otherwise if you still experience startup issues.

Thanks!
Jason

P.S. Sorry for all the cross-posting I'm about to do - there's several threads about this issue.

Mark

Apr 15, 2023, 4:57:51 AM4/15/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

I just tested the newest test version on Windows 11 both using the test OpenPnP installer and starting from Eclipse. The camera now works for me.

This integrates my additional bugfix into the deployed openpnp-capture, openpnp-capture-java (thanks Jason!), an finally openpnp.

Details:
https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1544

Additional bugfix:
https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp-capture/pull/65