Saw this new site from china https://www.openpnp.cn/

DoTheDiy (Apoorv Chaudhary)

Sep 20, 2022, 3:48:17 AM9/20/22
to OpenPnP

Saw this new site from china https://www.openpnp.cn/.
It looks promising and compact will try to replicate it
4in1拼图[1].png

Mike Menci

Sep 20, 2022, 4:55:41 AM9/20/22
to OpenPnP

Niclas Hedhman

Sep 20, 2022, 9:13:58 AM9/20/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

The same "Alan" as
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HdFo97MsES_ZxW6iCv4Rw/

Cheers
Niclas

On 2022-09-20 09:48, DoTheDiy (Apoorv Chaudhary) wrote:
> Saw this new site from china https://www.openpnp.cn/.
>
> It looks promising and compact will try to replicate it
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/f02eedbe-4caf-446a-8faa-40f87c12de05n%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/f02eedbe-4caf-446a-8faa-40f87c12de05n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

Michael Anton

Sep 21, 2022, 1:22:29 AM9/21/22
to OpenPnP
Jason would probably want to know that the site is using his logo all over the place.  Alas, since it's China there's probably not much he can do about it, other than to ask them politely to take it down, and hope that they comply.

betzt...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2022, 11:59:18 AM9/21/22
to OpenPnP
Seems like a decent little feeder, not sure why he would have decided to name his site openpnp.cn...

Peter.

miciwan

Sep 21, 2022, 7:28:14 PM9/21/22
to OpenPnP
I like how small it is, and that it seems to work just fine even with smaller pieces of tape (I oftentimes don't have them long enough to fit on a reel). But this is (at least partially) due to not having any mechanism for peeling off/tensioning the protective film.
Question for the people with experience in designing their own feeders: how much and what kind of problems this can cause?

Saito Ryosuke

Sep 22, 2022, 12:35:59 AM9/22/22
to OpenPnP

>due to not having any mechanism for peeling off/tensioning the protective film.

It appears to me that it is using the same technique as feederfinger to remove the cover tape.

https://feederfinger.com/

Ryosuke

miciwan

Sep 22, 2022, 3:37:54 PM9/22/22
to OpenPnP
Right right, I meant any active mechanism, pulling on the film, providing extra tension etc.
I wasn't aware of the FeederFinger! Thanks for the link!

Michal

Arthur Wolf

Sep 22, 2022, 4:01:19 PM9/22/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 7:22 AM Michael Anton <3d.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Jason would probably want to know that the site is using his logo all over the place.  Alas, since it's China there's probably not much he can do about it, other than to ask them politely to take it down, and hope that they comply.

As the years go by, there is more and more that you can do about this.
China is (slowly) entering the copyright/licensing world, and if you contact a Chinese lawyer (or a firm specialized in helping foreigners with this sort of issue), it's likely they can do *some* things to help you.

I contact such a firm every few years about the Smoothieboard clones, and it's fairly interesting how every time the price is lower, and what they can do has improved
(though it's still too much money for me last time I checked. It's been a few years, I should look into this again).

I guess what I'm saying is: don't give up just because of what we all think/have learned about China: things change/improve: look at the average salary in China and how it's skyrocketed in the past decades, soon there will be little difference between here and there, at least in terms of copyright law.

On 2022-09-20 09:48, DoTheDiy (Apoorv Chaudhary) wrote:
> Saw this new site from china https://www.openpnp.cn/.
>
> It looks promising and compact will try to replicate it
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/f02eedbe-4caf-446a-8faa-40f87c12de05n%40googlegroups.com
> [1].
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/f02eedbe-4caf-446a-8faa-40f87c12de05n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

勇気とユーモア

Alexander

Sep 23, 2022, 11:40:34 AM9/23/22
to OpenPnP
Another Chinese openpnp feeder machine.

четверг, 22 сентября 2022 г. в 23:01:19 UTC+3, Arthur Wolf:

Michael Anton

Sep 24, 2022, 1:02:41 AM9/24/22
to OpenPnP
Thanks for the info Arthur.  It's good to hear that some progress is being made in copywrite infringements in China.

I also noticed that the feeder in question seems to be using the patented Feederfinger tech.  I wonder if they will get away with that one...  Though, it's probably not even patented in China, since they only just recently received the USA patent.

Blowtorch

Oct 4, 2022, 1:11:37 PM10/4/22
to OpenPnP
We patented a product and extended the patent to China (and a couple other countries).

The interesting thing I was told at the time, was that if you do the trouble to extend your patent to China, and if someone infringes it, the authorities come down hard on the infringer.  As opposed to the West, where you need bottomless pockets to pay attorneys to go after an infringer.