Adding solder paste dispenser functionality in openpnp 2.0

SNEHA AHIRWAR

Sep 29, 2021, 10:32:44 AM9/29/21
to OpenPnP
Hello guys,
Is there any code or script that I can add in openpnp 2.0 for solder paste dispenser functionality?

How can I develop it? Do I need to install openpnp 1.0 version only?

Can anybody please help me out?

Mike Menci

Sep 29, 2021, 11:18:12 AM9/29/21
to OpenPnP
I sudjest you to read this first and go from there:

SNEHA AHIRWAR

Sep 30, 2021, 2:52:40 AM9/30/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hello, thanks for the reply Mike Menci, but the above approach is not working. I just want to add solder paste dispenser functionality in openpnp 2.0. Is there anything else that can be done?

Mike Menci

Sep 30, 2021, 3:04:02 AM9/30/21
to OpenPnP
Jason wrote: currently (Apr 2021), this feature was removed from OpenPnP 2.0 as it was too burdensome to support in relation to the small number of users who used this feature in 1.0. It's currently looking for a sponsor to pick up this development again.

Jon Raymond

Sep 30, 2021, 9:47:40 AM9/30/21
to OpenPnP
You might try a different route outside of OpenPNP. Flatcam supports past dispensing if I recall correctly. https://bitbucket.org/jpcgt/flatcam/wiki/solder_paste_dispensing

Marco Negrini

Oct 10, 2022, 10:42:14 AM10/10/22
to OpenPnP
It's currently looking for a sponsor to pick up this development again.

what does it mean to be a sponsor? We would like to have assistance to integrate this function in our machine

bert shivaan

Oct 10, 2022, 10:46:30 AM10/10/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
It means someone to take care of the coding and maintain the code in openPNP.