using a script actuator in a job

Mirna Katgely

May 13, 2022, 11:08:22 AM5/13/22
to OpenPnP
Hi,
I hope I'm correct here with my problem. I'm totaly new with all of that. I'm using a LitePlacer with of course openpnp.
My part has a too small surface so that I can't grab it vertical. I build a new nozzle to grab it horizontal, which works good. I now need the nozzle to first move to the correct Z-Position and then move forward to grab the part. I tried that with using a ReferenceAutoFeeder with a ScriptActuator. In the scrip that movment is defined. When I test the feeder it works good. The nozzle drives over the part and then goes down and a little forward, but when I'm using the feeder in a job, first the pick and place motion is tried and after that it goes to the parking position and runs the script.
I hope you can understand what I mean and maybe explain what the problem is. Can I use scriptActuators in a job?

Thanks in advance, Mirna

mark maker

May 13, 2022, 12:15:27 PM5/13/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mirna,

Interesting! Please post a photo or video 😎?

I don't think it is a problem of the ScriptActuator per se, but a problem of when the AutoFeeder is actuated.

It is either actuated before the move to the pick location, after the move (but still up at Safe Z) or after the pick if you use the post pick actuator, but that is already up at Safe Z, again. None of these moments are the right one.

Instead, I guess you need to create a Nozzle.BeforePick script and check if it is the right type of feeder. Unfortunately, you only have the part, not the feeder as an argument in the script, so you need to search for the feeder in the machine feeders array, which might be a problem if you have multiple (different) feeders for the same part.

The advantage here is that you can use any feeder, i.e. one that best suits you otherwise (e.g. regarding vision).

_Mark

Thanks in advance, Mirna --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/fcc22a41-fae8-403f-acff-98fb828d6363n%40googlegroups.com.