Is there anyone in the group who successfully setup Motion Planner on LPC1768 BTT SKR type board under Marlin?

Костянтин Яковлєв

Jun 1, 2023, 2:32:41 PM6/1/23
to OpenPnP
Greetings everyone!
I have SKR1.1 from BigtreeTech
Marlin 2.0, use various bugfixes and a fork from DerAndere1.
I keep getting errors when trying to connect additional axes.
Constantly when compiling, Marlin requires end stops for each additional axis, even in cases where this axis is rotary.
What am I doing wrong?

Karl Ekdahl

Jun 1, 2023, 10:13:30 PM6/1/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

I dont know about the SKR 1.1 but i'm successfully running Marlin 2.0 on a SKR 1.3.

I downloaded the firmware from BTTs github and modified it, it was a pain but once i realized to use BTTs version of Marlin 2.0 with all the specific board definitions i overcame all of the worst issues. My config ends up using 5 axises and neither of my rotary axises have endstops (maybe virtual ones? i didn't dig into it).

Btw the SKR 1.1 does *not* use LPC1768 but a STM32F407ZGT6 so if you're actually trying to compile for an LPC1768 you're  bound to have problems. If you just want things to work and not totally engulf yourself in the structure of Marlin i suggest starting out with BTTs firmware.

Karl