Problem with Panels - bug in 2023-03-11 ?

jbasia

Mar 15, 2023, 12:19:24 AM3/15/23
to OpenPnP
Just upgraded to 2023-03-11 - getting a few panel errors:

1.) Rotation jumps to -90.00 - the previous version did that too, but after changing to 0.00 it stayed there.
2.) Fiducials not working, ending in error (see image). The new rotation 13.133 does not make sense.

Where can I find the 2023-02-26 version? I got stuck here with solder pasted panels and can't do them now.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 12.02.58.png

Jason von Nieda

Mar 15, 2023, 12:45:41 AM3/15/23
to OpenPnP

jbasia

Mar 15, 2023, 1:42:04 AM3/15/23
to OpenPnP
Thanks. Good to know!

Now it works with 2023-03-11. Can't replicate the error.

tonyl...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2023, 10:12:43 AM3/15/23
to OpenPnP
Jbasia,

>1.) Rotation jumps to -90.00 - the previous version did that too, but after changing to 0.00 it stayed there.

What do you mean - which rotation jumps to -90.00 and when does it jump?

>2.) Fiducials not working, ending in error (see image). The new rotation 13.133 does not make sense.

Please post the log file from when this occurred. Also post your .job.xml, .board.xml, and .panel.xml files as well.

Tony

jbasia

Mar 21, 2023, 1:07:16 AM3/21/23
to OpenPnP
As written, can't replicate. Might be all fine. Will keep monitoring.

Wondering, should you even import an existing panel? I think I just import the "job", right? With "existing panel" I need to set panel x/y 0 location and Z.

Right now PnP ain't running (no production), so can't test.

tonyl...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2023, 10:59:56 AM3/21/23
to OpenPnP
>Wondering, should you even import an existing panel? I think I just import the "job", right? With "existing panel" I need to set panel x/y 0 location and Z.

I am not sure what you mean. If you have previously saved a job with a panel, then just load the job - all the necessary boards and panels will get loaded automatically and their locations and rotations will already be set. If you are creating a new job, you need to add boards and/or panels to the new job and set their locations and rotations - typically you would create the board(s)/panel(s) first on the Boards/Panels tab and then add the (now) existing board(s)/panel(s) to the job. Alternatively, you could first add new boards(s)/panel(s) to the job and then go to the Boards/Panels tab and complete the definition of the newly created board(s)/panel(s) there.

Tony