vacuum solenoid actuator not being called at part placement

Samuel Craven

Jul 15, 2024, 11:59:25 AM (6 days ago) Jul 15
to OpenPnP
Hello,

I think this is probably just something I don't understand about the way actuators work, but I haven't been able to figure it out so I'm hoping you all can help me.

For some reason the nozzle 1 vacuum solenoid is not being actuated when a part is placed or discarded. In the nozzle setup, the correct actuator H1VAC is identified. If I manually actuate that valve in the jog panel, I can see it in the log, as shown below, but when the place or discard action occurs, the M801 command never shows up. I can also visually verify that it's not being actuated because the LED stays on and the nozzle still has suction. I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong here.

openPNP version: 2024-02-08_07-03-33.5dd12c7

machine: CHM-T36VA

Thanks!

Sam Craven

Feed and pick and then discard log.txt
manual solenoid actuation.txt
nozzle vacuum setup.png
machine.xml

tonyl...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2024, 5:02:19 PM (6 days ago) Jul 15
to OpenPnP
I think you need to uncheck the Closes Vacuum Actuator checkbox. With it checked, OpenPnP assumes the Blow command also closes the vacuum valve. With it unchecked, OpenPnP should explicitly send the command to close the vacuum valve (in addition to sending the Blow command).

Tony