Advanced up camera calibration changes the Z of the camera

44 visualizzazioni
Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

james.edwa...@gmail.com

da leggere,
24 mag 2022, 15:26:2924/05/22
a OpenPnP
Dear group, I am trying to understand the Z of my up camera. I want the working height to be -22.5mm, which is the height of my PCB. I set this height for the up camera position and then ran the advanced calibration. At the end, the camera height had been set to a different value (-23.66). I don't understand why it changed. When I go to the "position" tab of the up camera and place the nozzle at the camera location, the nozzle goes to -21.66, +2mm higher than the camera Z. I don't understand this 2mm offset either.
Thanks for any insight!
Jim

tonyl...@gmail.com

da leggere,
24 mag 2022, 17:27:3024/05/22
a OpenPnP
Jim,

I looked at the machine.xml you attached in your other post, and I don't see any of the numbers you've quoted above.  Did something change between the test you did above and when you posted the machine.xml file?

Tony

Jim Freeman

da leggere,
24 mag 2022, 17:32:5724/05/22
a OpenPnP
Hi Tomy. As far as I know, nothing changed. Let me redo everything and I will send you the results tomorrow ( if I am still confused.) So from your previous message, I should ignore the " position " tab completely after I do advanced calibration.
Best, Jim

tonyl...@gmail.com

da leggere,
25 mag 2022, 14:39:3225/05/22
a OpenPnP
Oh, something else I forgot to mention - it looks like you are using an older version of the test build.  Please upgrade to the latest version to get a fix to distortion correction.

Jim Freeman

da leggere,
25 mag 2022, 15:21:4325/05/22
a OpenPnP
Thanks. I will do that and report back. I exited the OpenPnP program (I had kept it alive for several days) and redid the calibration and it worked as you had described. The camera height remained as I set it before the calibration. Most likely operator error!  I will try the newest version and let you know.
Thanks, Jim

Rispondi a tutti
Rispondi all'autore
Inoltra