Re: [OpenPnP] Help starting your first job test (bottom vision offset length error)

mark maker

Dec 21, 2023, 3:06:14 AM12/21/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Welcome!

First, I'm assuming you have setup your machine using Issues & Solutions, i.e. , in the modern way, and you have watched the videos linked here.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Setup-and-Calibration

Then specifically to your problem: it seems your threshold settings are off. Be sure to use the newest stock vision settings, then adjust the Threshold slider.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Bottom-Vision#using-the-stock-vision-settings

Parametric-Pipeline

_Mark

On 20.12.2023 21:20, Maiko Herrmann wrote:
Hello everyone, first post here in the group, I always follow the messages, I've even searched and tried to solve my problem, but something I'm missing or I'm not understanding correctly.

I'm trying to place the 0805 resistors on the v2 demoboard, but the lower camera presents an error when identifying the size of the component, I've already made some changes, but I'm certainly not doing something right. Thanks for the help! Greetings from Brazil.
Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-12-20 à(s) 17.05.26_588d2cf5.jpgImagem do WhatsApp de 2023-12-20 à(s) 17.05.26_8ee7607e.jpg --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/2973b69f-d323-470e-a3ff-59862b4c4101n%40googlegroups.com.

Maiko Herrmann

Dec 21, 2023, 8:44:35 PM12/21/23
to OpenPnP
Thank you Mark for your attention, yes in principle the machine is properly configured.
After understanding how botton vision works, I was able to identify that the problem was actually a reflection of a metal part of the assembly head. The solution was simple, I just painted it with a black pen and it worked.
Imagem do WhatsApp de 2023-12-21 à(s) 01.38.30_eb43c7ac.jpg

bing luo

Dec 21, 2023, 9:58:26 PM12/21/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com
It's not that much trouble. when  you make the Threshold smaller, it will block out the extra highlights.

Maiko Herrmann <maikohe...@gmail.com> 于2023年12月22日周五 09:44写道:

Maiko Herrmann

Dec 23, 2023, 12:25:14 AM12/23/23
to OpenPnP
First tests, I accept suggestions!

https://youtu.be/EaV3qdT447Q

mark maker

Dec 23, 2023, 6:57:48 AM12/23/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Looks good!

You could go with Dynamic Safe Z, to safe quite some time on these large Z movements with the large Z headroom you have. Dynamic Safe Z will still allow for the very large parts your Z headroom enables, but it will only lift the nozzle up that much if such a tall part is really on the nozzle.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Kinematic-Solutions#dynamic-safe-z

Your nozzles will then move around in a "lopsided" manner, and while moving to the target location, it might prepare the other nozzle to go down. Some may find this looks "asymmetric" and "broken", I find it looks cool 😎.

_Mark

Maiko Herrmann

Dec 23, 2023, 7:48:13 AM12/23/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the suggestion, for now I'm being very cautious to avoid any type of collision, as I'm still making adjustments and learning how to use the software. But I will definitely apply your tip.
Thanks.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/4f10eb25-f08f-43c2-9530-ffb743429f63%40makr.zone.