Alternating PCB rotation in panel

Kim Lindberg

Apr 21, 2021, 2:01:08 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
Hope someone can help me out here.
I have a panel of 40 PCBs were every other row of 5 is rotated 180 degrees.
I don't see how I can create a job for this panel other than doing two separate jobs; one for 0 degrees and one for 180 degrees :(
is it at all possible to do this on a single job?

Panel.png

bert shivaan

Apr 21, 2021, 5:03:43 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
you could combine 2 as a single board, then treat it as a 20 board panel.

bert shivaan

Apr 21, 2021, 5:06:06 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
side question- How do you cut them apart?

Kim Lindberg

Apr 21, 2021, 5:10:39 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
I'm not sure I know what you mean? I tried creating a panel with 20 boards and then wanted to create a new rotated panel with 20 boards offset, but it seems like only ONE panel can be created in a single job? or am I missing something?
the boards are V-Cut so I just break them apart, when they are soldered.

bert shivaan

Apr 21, 2021, 5:34:19 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
Make the "board" to include 1 non rotated and 1 rotated pcb. Then the array is 5 x 4 instead of 10 by 4

Thanks, couldn't see the V score in the pic

bert shivaan

Apr 21, 2021, 5:38:44 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
Something like this
Panel.png

Kim Lindberg

Apr 21, 2021, 6:07:49 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
Hmm not sure if I can export the boards like that from my CAD. will have to play around with it

bert shivaan

Apr 21, 2021, 6:14:34 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
You could simply add the parts by hand, it looks like there is only a few parts per board. Assuming you know the location of each part relative to each other you can easily do it by hand to create the job.

Kim Lindberg

Apr 21, 2021, 6:22:25 AM4/21/21
to OpenPnP
you are right, it is possible, just not very  efficient.
I will give it a go.

ja...@loveelectronics.co.uk

Apr 22, 2021, 8:14:57 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP
Can't you just export the placements for the whole panel?

Kim Lindberg

Apr 22, 2021, 8:46:41 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP
It's not possible to export placement data from the whole panel :( at least I don't know how

Mike Menci

Apr 22, 2021, 8:59:50 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP
In which Cad is the original sch and brd ?
Mike

Kim Lindberg

Apr 22, 2021, 9:19:00 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP
The design is done in Altium 16

Mike Menci

Apr 22, 2021, 9:32:33 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP

Kim Lindberg

Apr 22, 2021, 10:26:19 AM4/22/21
to OpenPnP
That is the way I already do it. And I'm on version 16 not 18.