Juki Nozzle Set Group Buy (4pcs)

william hare

Nov 7, 2015, 5:31:59 PM11/7/15
to OpenPnP
OK, who wants a group buy on some Juki nozzles?

The price is $50 for a set of 4pcs including First Class Mail shipping (domestic USA only). Sold in sets of 4 ONLY.

Need to sell a min of 5 sets to get this price. The group buy will not be complete until the 5 sets have been sold. After that it will take about 2 weeks to get to you.

The set is 503 504 505 506 nozzles. These are the most common sizes. No special orders on other sizes.

Made in China. Very nice quality.

Place your order on the link below.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.....

Michael Anton

Nov 8, 2015, 5:03:11 AM11/8/15
to OpenPnP
What are the diameters of the tips on these?  What would shipping to Canada cost?

Thanks,

Mike

william hare

Nov 8, 2015, 8:49:17 AM11/8/15
to OpenPnP
Shipping to Canada would be $8. Sent as "samples". Best bet is to find a friend with a US shipping address.

Here are the tip sizes:

This information comes from here:

Michael Anton

Nov 9, 2015, 12:12:30 AM11/9/15
to OpenPnP
That shipping price is ok.  I'd also be interested in 502, and 507 nozzles as well, if they were available at a reasonable additional cost.

Mike

Dustin Kasel

Nov 13, 2015, 12:22:01 PM11/13/15
to OpenPnP
William, how close are you to meeting your order minimum? I am going to need these nozzles very soon so I need to look at alternative suppliers if others haven't signed on.

Thanks for all your help with sourcing this stuff!

william hare

Nov 13, 2015, 3:24:51 PM11/13/15
to OpenPnP
Dustin,

So far only 2 sets. I may have to cancel the group buy, and refund the 2 that paid.

Just does not seem to be enough demand/need. This week end will be the final cut off.

Sorry.

Dustin Kasel

Nov 13, 2015, 3:28:30 PM11/13/15
to OpenPnP
No problem, I thought at least the same number of people that wanted the adapter would want nozzles but I guess not.

Dustin

william hare

Nov 16, 2015, 10:31:48 AM11/16/15
to OpenPnP
OK, group buy is closed! Nozzles have been ordered.

We only got 4 buy-ins. So I got the last one. I will sell it on my site, or post it to ebay.

Dustin Kasel

Nov 16, 2015, 11:53:58 AM11/16/15
to OpenPnP
Awesome! Thanks for the update William!
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:31 AM william hare <billm...@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, group buy is closed! Nozzles have been ordered.

We only got 4 buy-ins. So I got the last one. I will sell it on my site, or post it to ebay.

Jonathan Oxer

Nov 16, 2015, 5:45:02 PM11/16/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi William,

On 17 November 2015 at 02:31, william hare <billm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> OK, group buy is closed! Nozzles have been ordered.
> We only got 4 buy-ins. So I got the last one. I will sell it on my site, or post it to ebay.

I would be very happy to buy it, but I didn't speak up when you called for the group buy because I'm in Australia and I thought it'd be a hassle for you to do international shipping. However, if you're have one set to get rid of and you don't mind shipping to Oz, please let me know. I'm happy to pay extra for the international shipping, of course. That's just part of the price I pay for living on the bottom of the world :-)

Cheers

Jon

Anthony Webb

Nov 20, 2015, 5:38:27 PM11/20/15
to OpenPnP
If you still have it I will take it, feel bad I missed it!

william hare

Dec 8, 2015, 4:36:53 PM12/8/15
to OpenPnP
Good news everyone!

All domestic orders of nozzles and/or holders have been shipped! You should see them in a few days.

I did get a few more Juki style nozzle holders, for NEMA 5mm shaft steppers motors. But NO more nozzles. They can be found on my site Here.

Dustin Kasel

Dec 8, 2015, 4:37:58 PM12/8/15
to OpenPnP
Thanks for the update William!

Jason von Nieda

Dec 8, 2015, 4:38:58 PM12/8/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Very cool, thanks for providing this service William.

Jason

Dustin Kasel

Dec 17, 2015, 11:15:04 PM12/17/15
to OpenPnP
Is there anyone who still needs a set of these? I swore I ordered a set early on but alas it never happened. So I found a supplier that will sell them at basically the same price ($12.50 each, $50 for a set, free shipping) if I buy 2 sets. Shipping will be minimal (maybe $5 at most through USPS). Let me know if you missed Will's order and I'll get this one going.

Anthony Webb

Dec 17, 2015, 11:56:39 PM12/17/15
to OpenPnP
Hi Dustin,

Are they the same as these?

I bought a set of those thinking I might need them when I ordered the PNP head, but really have no clue what exactly I am looking for.

-Anthony

Dustin Kasel

Dec 17, 2015, 11:58:26 PM12/17/15
to OpenPnP
Yes sir, that is the exact same thing in fact. I might just spring for a set of those and be done with it.
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.

Richard Hornbaker

Dec 19, 2015, 12:52:53 AM12/19/15
to OpenPnP
Any similarly good sources for the larger and smaller sizes? It looks like 501/502/507/508 might be useful in the collection.

Michael Anton

Dec 19, 2015, 2:04:10 AM12/19/15
to OpenPnP
There is a seller on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181783968281?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT that sells a full set of 9 nozzles for $110, including shipping.  I've been tempted to pick these up, to make sure all of the bases are covered.

Mike

Rich Obermeyer

Dec 19, 2015, 3:05:20 PM12/19/15
to ope...@googlegroups.com
The information about which nozzle to use was very useful.  Thx

I noticed some nozzles are for vision systems and some are for laser systems and some are both.
Can somebody explain how the laser system works and maybe a link to show it in action?

Graeme Bridge

Dec 19, 2015, 3:09:10 PM12/19/15
to OpenPnP
From memory on the Juki machines it measures the reflected light from the laser to identify the angle of the component

Michael Anton

Dec 20, 2015, 2:25:10 AM12/20/15
to OpenPnP
Here is an explanation of the type I am familiar with: http://www.bpmmicro.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/LA_EN_0703.pdf.  These actually work fairly well, and are pretty nice for on the fly component alignment, but they don't seem to work as well as vision.  For passive components though, they are probably ideal.

Mike

Dustin Kasel

Jan 8, 2016, 4:14:11 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
Has anyone tried these nozzles yet? I'm finding mine don't seal with the nozzle head so most of the vacuum is lost. I'm guessing the head was meant to have an o-ring placed on the mating surface so maybe mine is just missing.

Jason von Nieda

Jan 8, 2016, 4:18:02 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
Dustin,

Which nozzle adapter / head are you using these with? I'm in the process of testing these and I think I have a vacuum leak as well, but I have not yet tracked it down. Haven't had a spare minute to look at it.

Jason

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 1:14 PM Dustin Kasel <dusti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Has anyone tried these nozzles yet? I'm finding mine don't seal with the nozzle head so most of the vacuum is lost. I'm guessing the head was meant to have an o-ring placed on the mating surface so maybe mine is just missing.

Dustin Kasel

Jan 8, 2016, 4:20:04 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
I have a black anodized one from the group buy William offered a while back. Assuming your's is the same it would definitely be worth looking at.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.

Jason von Nieda

Jan 8, 2016, 4:49:12 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
Ah, okay. Can't help you there. I am just using a simple 5mm to 7mm shaft adapter.

Anthony Webb

Jan 8, 2016, 5:35:59 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
Do you happen to have a picture?

Here is a photo of the nozzles I am using and how they are attached.  I actually used 2 of the orings on mine but havent had a chance to fire them up yet.

Dustin Kasel

Jan 8, 2016, 5:38:19 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
I'm not in my home office at the moment but I'll post some pictures when I get home. Based on this picture it looks like I'm missing an o-ring on the nozzle itself since mine don't have the o-ring shown in your pictures.

Jason von Nieda

Jan 8, 2016, 5:40:32 PM1/8/16
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Anthony,

Is that the Robotdigg nozzle adapter? What's the purpose of the large black rubber ring around the brass adapter?

Jason

Jason von Nieda

Jan 8, 2016, 5:45:57 PM1/8/16
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, I translated the Chinese and I see that it's for sealing the vacuum :)

Jason

Anthony Webb

Jan 8, 2016, 8:48:06 PM1/8/16
to OpenPnP
Yes that is the robotdigg nozzle adapter.  Honestly I cant believe they actually do anything at all unless those set screws are way leaky.  Like I said I havent had a chance to power them up, still waiting on some solenoids to arrive.