Visual homing error after reboot.

Kim Lindberg

Apr 19, 2021, 1:17:06 PM4/19/21
to OpenPnP
Hope someone can help out here.
I just tried switching on the visual homing on my machine, which worked just fine yesterday.
Today, when I turned on the machine it didn't work, saying "FIDUCIAL-HOME no matches found".
I tried a few things and found out that the Homing Fiducial coordinates needed to be changed, so I changed it to the actual location (152,140) and after I stopped and started the machine, it worked again??
Then I tried doing a HOME once again and the machine just offset to twice the coordinates (304,280) !!??
Now I changed the Homing fiducial back to 0,0 and homing works as expected, but if I reboot Smoothie I'm back to where I started.
What am I missing here? it seems like there's a bug in the visual homing strategy or do I need to change something else?
Machine-xml attached

Hope for inputs on this, thanks
Fiducial 0,0.png
machine.xml
Fiducial 152,140.png
fiducial error.png

ma...@makr.zone

Apr 19, 2021, 1:31:46 PM4/19/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Kim

Visual Homing defaults to ResetToHomeLocation for historical reasons, i.e. for backward compatibility.

However if you use it on a new Machine you should use ResetToFiducialLocation:

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/Visual-Homing#method-for-new-machines

If you use the old method, the meaning (frame of reference) of coordinates may change between your mechanical homing and the visual homing.  This may result in unexpected behavior.

To know for certain, I would need a log at Tracel level.

_Mark

Kim Lindberg

Apr 19, 2021, 2:13:44 PM4/19/21
to OpenPnP
I see, I think I already tried that.
I gave it another go and changed the Fiducial location to 152,140 and now it seems to work as expected.
Thanks a lot I will go do some more testing :)