macOS building & running OpenPnp (anyone doing that on a m* Mac?)

Fabian Kropp

Aug 4, 2023, 1:51:01 AM8/4/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,

i am finally trying to get into development for OpenPNP.
My build machine is a probably not so often seen MacBook Pro with M2Max
I got eclipse running, figured the obsolete java.awt.Application issue. (PR to come for that, after I can test the app).

I am now stuck loading the machine config when debugging:

Requesting permission, bundle path for Info.plist: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-20.jdk/Contents/Home/bin

seems like a macOS specific issue, but I cannot find insight on where this is coming from...
Also tried jdk11 same result

anyone running eclipse with Mac OS Ventura on a M* mac?

thx

Fabian

PP.ca

Jul 9, 2024, 10:06:44 AM (12 days ago) Jul 9
to OpenPnP
That is a strange error I did not run into.
What I did as I always do with IDEs, I made sure Eclipse is granted permissions as development tool. I think this allows it to access files anywhere.
Maybe try this approach and see if the error persists?

PP.ca

Jul 9, 2024, 11:05:34 AM (12 days ago) Jul 9
to OpenPnP
The permissions mentioned above are in Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Developer Tools.
I added Eclipse to this list.

PP.ca

Jul 9, 2024, 12:32:02 PM (12 days ago) Jul 9
to OpenPnP
Just now I paid more attention on what Eclipse is complaining about.
I actually do get a similar error but for some reason it doesn't seem to matter, OpenPnP starts just fine.
I'm on M2 Mac with Sonoma.

Look at my Eclipse output below.
Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 12.18.56 PM.jpg