PushPullFeeder tape height limit?

105 views
Skip to first unread message

Sufian Abu-Rab

unread,
Nov 21, 2025, 5:46:25 PM11/21/25
to OpenPnP

i have to use tactile switch buttons (TS-1187A-C-J-B) or electrolytical capacitors, which are 5mm+ in height. 

is it somehow possible to adjust the height for the tape, if yes, which parameters should i touch? thx in adv. 

or is there a tape height limit for the PushPullFeeder solution? 

https://github.com/markmaker/PushPullFeeder


Best S.

Toby Dickenson

unread,
Nov 22, 2025, 9:12:31 AM11/22/25
to ope...@googlegroups.com
The tape size on Mark's PushPullFeeder design is limited by your printer overhang angle. The "inset" tape holder part is printed so that the right wall is on the printer build plate, and that means the left wall is an overhang. So it doesnt work with tall wide parts.

I have a fork of Mark's design which can split the inset into two separate parts, eliminating the need for any overhang. I regularly use this with 11mm can capacitors.

The default configuration of my fork uses a different mounting system, but that is optional and I expect the model can be reconfigured back to Mark's mounting scheme if you prefer that.




--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to openpnp+u...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/733e899a-b0c2-45d5-aa72-dcbf36b497dbn%40googlegroups.com.

Sufian Abu-Rab

unread,
Sep 22, 2026, 10:33:34 AMSep 22
to OpenPnP

Hello, I've tried to make the pushPullFeeder running, but even the newest version is imho not reliable enough... is there maybe another mechanism than the idea of the bumper added? Best S.

Toby Dickenson

unread,
Sep 22, 2026, 2:23:00 PMSep 22
to ope...@googlegroups.com
The bumper cam mechanism in git is the best I've got, sorry. 
Toby

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages