Bing feeder V2 is already available for application

bing luo

Mar 21, 2024, 8:35:38 AMMar 21
to OpenPnP
          Since Bing feeder's hardware is much lower than PM feeder's, I plan to sell the kits for $16 each  PCS. We continue to use the 0816feeder controller (firmware is different) and trigger the feeder at a high level. So   Bing feeder can be used on any PNP  machine, no   protocol is  required.
          Bing feeder works as a 0402 component with a 2mm advance distance. Obviously, it can also work for 0603,0805,1206 and larger components.
          At the same time, since the supplier has gone out of business, we will no longer sell PM-feeder kits to new users. I will leave the remaining inventory to past users so that they can continue  their  PNP design. If you still need PM-feeder, please email me.

         Working video   for  0402   resistance : https://youtu.be/jboa5G9xLNU
         Get  the kits  form    www.microsmt.com.cn

111.jpg

2222.jpg

3333.jpg

微信图片_20240321202601.jpg

微信图片_20240321202609.jpg

David Strum

Mar 21, 2024, 9:17:11 AMMar 21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Bing,
I have been looking forward to trying your v2 feeders but your website does not appear to have been updated with the new product.
can you provide a direct link to where i can obtain the $16 kits you mention, and the STLs for printing.

thank you

bing luo

Mar 21, 2024, 1:59:25 PMMar 21
to OpenPnP
Now refresh the  web  again, I have made the link.  The stl file will be on Github later.

Fabian Kropp

Mar 21, 2024, 2:16:20 PMMar 21
to OpenPnP
Thank you for updating this.
are there any plans to support wider strips with potentially higher parts?

BR

Fabian

Johannes Leenders

Mar 21, 2024, 8:21:29 PMMar 21
to OpenPnP
Looking forward to working with them!
Really like the new design with the little PCB!

bing luo

Mar 24, 2024, 11:20:29 AMMar 24
to OpenPnP
12,16, 24mm width, height does not exceed 3mm components, can be supported. Just draw a new 3D printed shell, using the same PCBA and procedures.

Sergi Gomis

Mar 24, 2024, 2:18:31 PMMar 24
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi Bing Luo.
Do you have the 3D designs of the feeders in Github?  I can't find them for the A02-Bing.

Thank's a lot.
BR.

bing luo

Mar 25, 2024, 3:04:16 PMMar 25
to OpenPnP
I'm sorting out the drawings. Please wait a moment.   Since each machine requires at least 20 automatic feeders, I am making them in large quantities at the SMT factory.

微信图片_20240326030142.png

bing luo

Apr 1, 2024, 3:10:32 PMApr 1
to OpenPnP
Install feeder from zero:https://youtu.be/CnlIPwArhIc
Download the STL file here: https://github.com/microsmt/Microsmt-PNP-hardware

David Strum

Apr 1, 2024, 4:30:47 PMApr 1
to ope...@googlegroups.com
I see there is new firmware as well.  can these run on the same mega2560 as your older feeders or will i need another controller?

bing luo

Apr 1, 2024, 5:36:05 PMApr 1
to OpenPnP
Bing feeder has its own firmware, so you can't use a MEGA2560 controller with any other feeeder.  but it has the same pin definition as the 0816 controller. So you just need to change the firmware and you can use it.
In addition, because each Bing feeder has an independent control chip, there is 0.05A standby current, 24 feeder is about 1.2A standby current, 0816 patch board will have insufficient current problem.
So I designed a new patch board that can support a max  current   of 10A.

bing luo

Apr 11, 2024, 1:05:55 PMApr 11
to OpenPnP
The 12mm/16mm/24mm three widths of feeder share a set of hardware and programs, just need to print different shells to get different feeder. The step distance can be varied in multiples of 4mm, the maximum step is 24mm, 24mm is sufficient, no component will exceed this length. It uses a little more material, so it costs $18.
Watch  demonstration video here:  https://youtu.be/vMMxd3sDfT4

在2024年3月22日星期五 UTC+8 02:16:20<major...@googlemail.com> 写道:

Fabian Kropp

Apr 12, 2024, 6:57:01 AMApr 12
to OpenPnP
Hi,

Is there a chance to upgrade 8mm to 12/16/24mm feeders?
I just bought some of your 8mm feeders to create 12/16/24 out of them :-(

In addition, are the STL available for the broader feeders?
And what about part height there? I got really high components with 24mm reel width  width and 10mm height.

cheers

Fabian

P.S.: i will order a set of broader feeders in any case, so the important thing would be the component height for the broad feeders, and maybe a 44mm version for the ESP32 that I am using???

bing luo

Apr 12, 2024, 10:34:51 PMApr 12
to OpenPnP
The software and hardware are different, so you can't upgrade it.  When I didn't come up with a solution like the video, the only way I could think of was to put black tape over the extra holes, so that it could be used as a 12,16,24mm   feeder.

 Why 2mm and 4mm should use two sprockets, because I have done a lot of testing, 2mm holes are too close to each other, and continuous counting is easy to make mistakes.

I only designed standard stl drawings with 12mm,16mm,24mm width and 8mm height. If you need a wider or higher one, I can send you the stp file and you can modify it yourself.    I used the N30 motor for power, which should be able to drive higher and wider.

bing luo

Apr 12, 2024, 10:52:11 PMApr 12
to OpenPnP
I was following PNPV3 and PNPV1 when using them in a more general environment, where an 8mm height feeder is sufficient. The diameter of this gear also refers to yamaha's 8-4mm feeder. If we need a higher height, we may need to change a larger gear to achieve this.

在2024年4月12日星期五 UTC+8 18:57:01<major...@googlemail.com> 写道:

fabian kropp

Apr 13, 2024, 4:34:54 AMApr 13
to ope...@googlegroups.com
The stp would be wonderful, if you don’t want to share to the public use p...@kropp-it.de

Thank you so much

Fabian

Jason Latimer

Apr 13, 2024, 10:05:07 PMApr 13
to OpenPnP
I'm trying to build one of these new Bing Feeder v2, but the worm gear is missing from the stl files.  Bing can you update the github repo to include the missing worm gear?

bing luo

Apr 13, 2024, 11:09:14 PMApr 13
to OpenPnP
I have added the drawings of worm, please download it again.

Dominik Kraus

May 19, 2024, 9:25:01 AMMay 19
to OpenPnP
I just finished building around 30 of 8mm v2 bing feeder, no big issues so far. In short testing sometimes the feed gear stops early, I think as mentioned in the build instructions due to interference from motor to sensor. I will try to optimize the cable routing and will do some longer testing once I get the install them to my machine

Dave Strum

May 19, 2024, 11:12:50 AMMay 19
to Dominik Kraus, OpenPnP
Did you have any trouble with the 3d printing?  I’m still working through the assembly of 10 of them and some of the printed pieces have been a struggle with my printer.

On May 19, 2024, at 09:25, Dominik Kraus <domini...@nktek.de> wrote:

I just finished building around 30 of 8mm v2 bing feeder, no big issues so far. In short testing sometimes the feed gear stops early, I think as mentioned in the build instructions due to interference from motor to sensor. I will try to optimize the cable routing and will do some longer testing once I get the install them to my machine

Dominik Kraus

May 19, 2024, 11:18:47 AMMay 19
to OpenPnP
I have been fighting with excessive support structures, as a lot of the parts are not easily placed in a way that its not required. But I can understand how its not easy to optimize for that, a lot of the parts there is just no other way. But other than that it has been fine, I've printed most parts with PLA on my Bambulab X1C with 0.4mm nozzle and for the gears I switched to 0.2mm.

Any specific parts have been a struggle for your printer?

Jason Latimer

May 19, 2024, 12:11:12 PMMay 19
to OpenPnP
I've printed 15 8mm feeders.  I use a bambu lab P1S and Bambu Lab PLA.  0.4mm Nozzle.  I use Tree Slim support structures, but only on the build plate.  This makes it so that you don't end up with excessive support structures internal to the print.  Mine turn out perfect.
Screenshot 2024-05-19 at 10.09.22 AM.png

Dominik Kraus

May 19, 2024, 12:13:31 PMMay 19
to OpenPnP
Thanks a lot! I will use those settings and part orientations for the next prints, this will for sure make it a lot easier :)

Alexander

Jun 24, 2024, 2:35:32 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to OpenPnP
Hello. How to configure the feeder, the difference between the feeder settings and 0816? https://docs.mgrl.de/start

воскресенье, 19 мая 2024 г. в 19:13:31 UTC+3, domini...@nktek.de:

bing luo

Jun 24, 2024, 2:44:01 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to OpenPnP
https://youtu.be/cWXWFRQNI8M    watch  this  video  please.

Alexander

Jun 24, 2024, 2:56:24 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to OpenPnP
Thank you.

понедельник, 24 июня 2024 г. в 09:44:01 UTC+3, tianl...@gmail.com:

Alexander

Jun 24, 2024, 10:01:53 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to OpenPnP
Hi bing luo, I watched the video and didn't see the actuator setting. Please share how to configure the actuator.

понедельник, 24 июня 2024 г. в 09:56:24 UTC+3, Alexander:

Bingluo

Jun 24, 2024, 10:09:27 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to openpnp@googlegroup…, OpenPnP

Okay, today I will upload a video on how to set up drivers and actors,  please  wait .

---- Replied Message ----
FromAlexander<785...@gmail.com>
Date6/24/2024 22:01
ToOpenPnP<ope...@googlegroups.com>
SubjectRe: [OpenPnP] Bing feeder V2 is already available for application

bing luo

Jun 26, 2024, 12:37:40 PM (7 days ago) Jun 26
to OpenPnP
    How to add a MEGA2560 controller: https://youtu.be/yOZyKi5iBcY

Alexander

Jun 27, 2024, 1:07:09 AM (6 days ago) Jun 27
to OpenPnP
Hi bing luo. Thank you for the video.
 I tested the firmware on arduino-nano, the output to the motors works, but openpnp gives the error GcodeDriver WARNING: 0816 configuration error: COMMAND_CONFIRM_REGEX missing. Not waiting for confirmation.
I also assume that the feeder sensors are not active.
There is no to enable feeders on video   ACTUATE_BOOLEAN_COMMAND M610 S{True:1}{False:0}

среда, 26 июня 2024 г. в 19:37:40 UTC+3, tianl...@gmail.com:

Jarosław Karwik

Jul 2, 2024, 5:33:32 AM (yesterday) Jul 2
to OpenPnP
Has anybody used these feeders for long time ?

I am just test printing the STL to see how they would fit my machine ( modified CHMT-36VA)
But looking at the gears - what is the expected lifetime ?

Jarosław Karwik

Jul 2, 2024, 10:25:47 AM (23 hours ago) Jul 2
to OpenPnP
Zrzut ekranu z 2024-07-02 16-23-44.pngZrzut ekranu z 2024-07-02 16-23-11.png
Looks promising. I will print again gears from Nylon/fiber filament.

bing luo

Jul 2, 2024, 11:48:54 AM (22 hours ago) Jul 2
to OpenPnP
Due to the feedback compensation of the photoelectric switch, this is a closed-loop transmission system, so it does not require precise gear transmission. PLA or ABS can work normally. As for the service life, if the gears are worn out, just print one more for 0.0001 cents. Because the price of metal automatic feeders is so expensive, a brand new one costs at least $200 each. Therefore, 3D printing feeders are the only road options available. Its only drawback is that it cannot move at high speeds. It takes 2 seconds to complete a feed, so you can only place a maximum of 1800 components per hour.

I am creating a new version that uses an infrared encoding chip to send and receive commands (NEC's remote control encoding format), and the feeder only needs a 5V power supply to work. I even installed a Panasonic 18650 lithium battery for the feeder, so it doesn't require any  cable.

Mike Menci

8:23 AM (1 hour ago) 8:23 AM
to OpenPnP
3D printing materials today - (specially CF based  filaments) are in the range of Aluminium or even better ( see this web comparation ; https://bambulab.com/en/filament-guide ) and cost less than Alu- fabricated parts...
So just print the feeder and carry on making PCBs!
Filament compare.png
Aalco-Metals-Ltd_Aluminium-Alloy-Specifications_42.png