Help! DectectCircularSymmetry not working.

Greg Toman

Jan 18, 2023, 11:11:08 AM1/18/23
to OpenPnP
Sorry if this is a dumb question, as I am new. I have an Opulo and am stuck at trying to calibrate the nozzles. The CVpipeline used DetectCircularVision, but when I look at the "MaxDistance" setting it says it is set by the pipeline caller, and is -1.

I believe this is resulting in the error, "search range is cropped to nothing".

I have tried everything, but I can't find a setting that results in anything except maxDistance = -1.
Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Greg

mark maker

Jan 18, 2023, 11:35:16 AM1/18/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

not a dumb question, perhaps this Wiki text helps?

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/wiki/DetectCircularSymmetry#nozzle-tip-calibration

Measuring the nozzle tip feature diameter avi

The maxDistance property is automatically derived from the already present Offset Threshold.

For this to be -1 I guess you would have to have a strange Offset Threshold ?

_Mark

Greg Toman

Jan 18, 2023, 11:36:20 AM1/18/23
to OpenPnP
I figured it out. Somehow my camera calibration was lost, and had 0.0 pixels/mm. I corrected this and it worked. Now I am working "Effective Save Z coordinate 40.000mm is outside Safe Z Zone after performing a feed.

mark maker

Jan 18, 2023, 11:39:07 AM1/18/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> I figured it out. Somehow my camera calibration was lost, and had 0.0 pixels/mm

Ah yes that makes sense too.

> Now I am working "Effective Save Z coordinate 40.000mm is outside Safe Z Zone" after performing a feed.

Best open a new conversation thread, so this is documented for posterity.

_Mark

Greg Toman

Jan 18, 2023, 11:40:06 AM1/18/23
to OpenPnP
Wow! Thanks for the very quick response!

I have found that occasionally I seem to set some calibration up, and might forget to hit "APPLY" before I navigate away from the tab I was on. If my guess is correct, this is how I sometimes "lose" settings that I thought I made. If I am right, it would be nice if the software would prompt me that I am about to throw away my changes.

Not sure if my suggestion is correct or useful, but I wanted to pass it along.

Overall, outstanding softrware!

Thank you!
Greg

mark maker

Jan 18, 2023, 11:45:31 AM1/18/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> forget to hit "APPLY" before I navigate away from the tab I was on. If my guess is correct, this is how I sometimes "lose" settings that I thought I made. If I am right, it would be nice if the software would prompt me that I am about to throw away my changes.

Yeah, that is a long-standing issue. The idea is to remove Apply completely, modify the settings immediately, and instead provide a Revert button or similar.

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/issues/473

Unfortunately, no good or easy way to solve this generically known to me (yet). Contributions welcome! 😁

_Mark