Mike- Quadro head

Mike M.

Feb 19, 2020, 10:47:35 AM2/19/20
to OpenPnP
Al_Box_70x70x2mm.STL
Vacuum_body.STL
NemaPlate.STL

Mike M.

Feb 19, 2020, 10:59:42 AM2/19/20
to OpenPnP

Jim

Feb 19, 2020, 2:53:24 PM2/19/20
to OpenPnP
Hey Mike, are you using longer screws for the nema8 ?

mike_head.PNG

Mike M.

Feb 19, 2020, 3:06:01 PM2/19/20
to OpenPnP
Yes Jim correct - but out of 4 two are needed only for preventing stepper to turn
Mike

Mike M.

Feb 19, 2020, 4:18:41 PM2/19/20
to OpenPnP
Jim you are missing Nozzle holder and vacuum fiting (Aliexpress with screw sealed)
Bottom belt pulley are only 2x flange bearing ID2.5 OD6 x 2.5mm on a M2.5 bolt - no pulley needed
see enclosed
Mike
Juki_Holder.STL
m5_90deg_screw_fitting.STL

Jim

Feb 19, 2020, 6:16:41 PM2/19/20
to OpenPnP
On Wednesday, February 19, 2020 at 10:18:41 PM UTC+1, Mike M. wrote:
Jim you are missing Nozzle holder and vacuum fiting (Aliexpress with screw sealed)
Bottom belt pulley are only 2x flange bearing ID2.5 OD6 x 2.5mm on a M2.5 bolt - no pulley needed

Thank you, Mike. I was just curious how it works.

Maple_Dude

Feb 20, 2020, 11:14:17 AM2/20/20
to OpenPnP
Clever to use the bearings sans the pulley

Maple_Dude

Feb 28, 2020, 10:47:45 AM2/28/20
to OpenPnP
How do you like it so far, now that you have had it for a little while?

Mike M.

Mar 5, 2020, 6:17:22 AM3/5/20
to OpenPnP
Hi,
Not in operation - need to change Cable chain (it has no space for additional cables needed for this head to operate) few otrher things to change on my working machine need upgrading as well, I am in no hurry.....
Mike

ma...@makr.zone

Mar 5, 2020, 7:37:27 AM3/5/20
to ope...@googlegroups.com

You might put [a|the] controller on the head, as has been discussed in this group.

_Mark

Mike M.

Apr 10, 2020, 5:24:08 PM4/10/20
to OpenPnP
Hi
Update
I got it to work basic motions and homing: Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U8lqO2vmao
Thanks to Bill and Mark foir supporting me :-)
Cheers!
Mike

Marmelade

Aug 19, 2020, 8:27:50 AM8/19/20
to OpenPnP
Hi Mike,

Are you happy with your 6-axis setup?
Have you already done some boards using all four nozzles?

Mike Menci

Aug 19, 2020, 10:13:16 AM8/19/20
to OpenPnP
Hi Marmelade,
Yes my 6 axis do work fine - still some final tuning to do (on Z and A to equal level alignment, ...) but I am not in a hurry abecouse I do not have a PCB project to push me to work on it on PnP.... I get my PCBs with partly assembled (PCBA) parts from China, and I do not need to play with solder paste and stencil at home....
Mike

Mike Menci

Sep 7, 2020, 7:47:26 AM9/7/20
to OpenPnP
Like this:
Juki with two O rings.jpg

Nick

Sep 8, 2020, 1:33:28 PM9/8/20
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Mike,
I checked out the video.your machine looks great.

Mike Menci

Sep 8, 2020, 2:40:28 PM9/8/20
to OpenPnP
Thanks Nick, still plenty things to improve....
Mike

Nick

Sep 13, 2020, 12:03:55 PM9/13/20
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Mike,
what feeder system are you using ? How your feeder works?

All i see on openpnp website plastic feeder 3d printed. I dont wanna use them..

Message has been deleted

Mike Menci

Sep 13, 2020, 1:33:12 PM9/13/20
to OpenPnP
Hi Nick;
I do not use plastic feeders where did you find that ?
On Left side of the machine I use DIMA feeders (for parts larger than tape size 12mm) - actuated by 1 digital servo.
Because of DIMA feeders my 4 nozzles are not in one line but 2pcs per X line in Quatro arrangement.
On right side I use Schults Siplace feeders with this Schultz controller https://github.com/bilsef/SchultzController
I use only one smoothieboard for running X servo, Y servo, Z Nema14, A Nema14 and 2x sharedC 2x Nema8=4 C1-4.
I hope this answers your question
Mike

Nick

Sep 13, 2020, 1:57:10 PM9/13/20
to ope...@googlegroups.com
ok,, Thankss
I guess u misunderstood me, i was referring to openpnp website.

Anyway these feeder looks great and compact.  Any performance issue like tape skipping etc...
Just curious about structure to mount these feeders. where i can see design files

Cheers

Mike Menci

Sep 14, 2020, 2:21:03 AM9/14/20
to OpenPnP
My PnP arrangement can be seen here: https://grabcad.com/library/pnp-machine-3
I purchased feeders 2nd hand - and fixed them - in addition to Siplace Schultz feeders you need Bed Base Plate which will hold tween feeders 31mm apart
Bed_BasePlate.png

and in line + Connection distribution pannel where you connect each tween feeder to Schultz controller.
or you can make it yourself like I did - see Cad above!
Schultz_Connections.png

Mike
Siplace Schulty bed plate and connections.jpg

Morpheus

Sep 15, 2020, 5:20:43 PM9/15/20
to OpenPnP
Wou, like a pro!

Great work! This look like it can handle some G´s.