Porting test machine.xml to stable?

Shai

May 17, 2022, 9:52:36 PM5/17/22
to OpenPnP
What's the best way to port the latest test machine.xml to latest stable machine.xml? I fear the answer is manual editing of the file, but wondering if there's any good tricks/process to do it so that settings don't end up being broken/lost?

mark maker

May 18, 2022, 3:52:48 AM5/18/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately, there is no way. The new migrated Vision Settings break all the old Part Settings. It is a completely new system.

What is the underlying issue? Why would you want to go back?

And are you aware that unless such issues are discussed now, I will be merging the testing version into the stable version very soon?

_Mark

On 18.05.22 03:52, Shai wrote:
What's the best way to port the latest test machine.xml to latest stable machine.xml? I fear the answer is manual editing of the file, but wondering if there's any good tricks/process to do it so that settings don't end up being broken/lost? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/028d66ba-8e3b-4910-830c-dc06f88f9470n%40googlegroups.com.

Shai

May 18, 2022, 11:41:34 AM5/18/22
to OpenPnP
No underlying issue, just need to maintain an updated machine.xml for the stable version, for our Rapid Star machine. Since you are merging test to stable soon, it should be possible to just copy the machine.xml without changes right? Do you know when the merge will happen?

mark maker

May 18, 2022, 11:58:57 AM5/18/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Planning next week-end.