Opulo (LumnePNP) camera in Linux, reapply camera settings required

Fabian Kropp

Mar 27, 2023, 4:28:35 AM3/27/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,

every time I start a job I need to reapply the camera settings.
(not even homing seems to do this for me )

Any hint where to start looking into this?

Using the test version of OPenPNP (maybe 4 weeks old ? First version with new panel support)

BR

Fabian

mark maker

Mar 27, 2023, 4:34:33 AM3/27/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Fabian Kropp

Mar 27, 2023, 6:46:55 AM3/27/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,

if you ask if the checkbox is enabled, yes it is!
Still I have to click the "apply to camera" button every time I start OpenPNP.

I am running a fairly recent UBUNTU.

BR

Fabian

mark maker

Mar 27, 2023, 6:59:21 AM3/27/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

> Still I have to click the "apply to camera" button every time I start OpenPNP.

> (not even homing seems to do this for me )

Are you sure? Homing should do the same thing as the Apply to Camera button.

_Mark

Fabian Kropp

Apr 2, 2023, 11:29:14 AM4/2/23
to OpenPnP
Yes I am sure, just double checked it.
Homing is interrupted with a "not found" homing fiducial.
After manually applying the settings, the fiducial is found and homing completes.
This is a 100% occurrence issue for me.

BR

Fabian

mark maker

Apr 2, 2023, 11:32:52 AM4/2/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

OK, I see why: the homing handler tries to visual home on the head, before it even descends into the camera under the head.

Thanks for reporting this. Fixing will be more difficult than I thought. Hmmm...

_Mark