CP40 nozzle holder - looking for some dimensional data

Skip to the first unread message

Alexander Willer

24 May 2016, 12:10:16 pm24/5/16
to OpenPnP
Hello,

currently I am in the process of designing a Pick&Place head.

To design the mount for the nozzle holder I am now looking for a drawing or at least for some dimensions of the Samsung CP 40 nozzle holder as you can buy it, e.g. at aliexpress.

I found the following picture (just for reference), but its not preicse enough if I just try to read the ruler shown in the photo:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNf51Lg7FIDBt9WnFzOSIOiuP85EMGo3OfiLwLOSzZ7gYDK0ScD9Q556YniRxJwOg?key=WmxGOG5WZmNMWGRSRzRhM1I0cVhWNUlfQnpDWDNn

Has anybody one of these holders and may help by measuring the follwing dimensions?
  • M5 thread length
  • Diameter and length of the "alignment part" directly after the thread (I think it is for alignment of the holder inside its mounting block?)
  • Overall length of the holder, maybe also with a attached nozzle
The other dimensions are not that relevant for CAD design-in, but if you have those, I would be happy about knowing them.

Thanks in advance!

Alexander

Михаил Юров

24 May 2016, 12:41:53 pm24/5/16
to OpenPnP

The dimensions are exactly the same to the actual size.

But this drawing of holder without the nozzle.
The nozzle is available, but I do not have time to draw.

John Socha-Leialoha

24 May 2016, 10:02:19 pm24/5/16
to OpenPnP
Very nice, thanks! I had a 3D model of this part I had created, but it didn't have this much detail. Did you create this model yourself, or did you get it from somewhere?

Михаил Юров

24 May 2016, 11:45:10 pm24/5/16
to OpenPnP
I built this 3d model by myself , having in hand the nozzle holder and an electronic caliper.

Juha Kuusama

25 May 2016, 4:45:17 am25/5/16
to OpenPnP
To double check, here are what I measure:

> M5 thread length
7.3mm, including the small portion before the "alignment part" that has no thread. Thread itself 6.3mm

> Diameter and length of the "alignment part" directly after the thread
7.0mm

> Overall length of the holder, maybe also with a attached nozzle
36.0mm without nozzle, with a nozzle 43.4mm. The spring gives 3.0mm movement.
Message has been deleted

Jason von Nieda

22 Jan 2017, 5:16:05 pm22/1/17
to OpenPnP
Hi all, I've deleted the post with the dimensions image as it contained a copyrighted image from the LitePlacer website. You can see the image on the LitePlacer store at: http://www.liteplacer.com/shop20/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66

This isn't a big deal, nothing to worry about. But it's important to give credit for content from other websites. This way the author is credited properly.

Jason

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 9:07 AM Mike Menci <marjan.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello

Here the dimensions:

Mike

Flitch

10 Aug 2017, 9:36:16 am10/8/17
to OpenPnP
Does anyone have info of O-Ring dimensions? Mine broke and I threw them before measuring, would be realy nice if anyone can measure it.

Mike Menci

11 Aug 2017, 3:59:03 am11/8/17
to OpenPnP
Nozzle ID = 6mm   - Holder Seal ID = 4.7mm
Re-measure yourself  + add for sealing 0.3 mm

Mike

Marek T.

11 Aug 2017, 11:48:09 am11/8/17
to OpenPnP
Mike could you also tell what is the thread diameter and size of this hexagon part?

Mike Menci

11 Aug 2017, 2:48:57 pm11/8/17
to ope...@googlegroups.com
See this link
https://www.liteplacer.com/shop20/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=66

BR,
Mike

***************************Disclaimer***************************

The contents of this e-mail and any file transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  The content may also contain legal, professional or other privileged information. If you received this e-mail in error, please destroy it immediately.  You should not copy or use it for any purpose nor disclose its contents to any other person. The views stated herein do not necessarily represent the view of the Company.

Please ensure you have adequate virus protection before you open or detach any documents from this transmission. We do not accept any liability for  viruses!

Mike Menci

11 Aug 2017, 3:35:18 pm11/8/17
to OpenPnP
Hi
9 mm is the hexagon part

Mike

On Thursday, 10 August 2017 15:36:16 UTC+2, Flitch wrote:
Does anyone have info of O-Ring dimensions? Mine broke and I threw them before measuring, would be realy nice if anyone can measure it.

Mike Menci

11 Aug 2017, 3:36:33 pm11/8/17
to OpenPnP
and 3mm is the spring stroke of bottom part
Mike

Marek T.

11 Aug 2017, 6:34:13 pm11/8/17
to OpenPnP
Hi Mike, thx a lot!
I have made my machine (old Philips) to be compatible with Juki nozzles but thinking to change it into Samsung at some nearest mechanical changes - so the dimensions will be helpful. Juki Chinese copies are cheap but hopeless about their quality. Today version of Openpnp can treat many their problems (runout and pre-rotation) but it would be better have mechanics perfect and don't treat it with software.

btw what is the price of Samsung nozzle - original and copy?

Mike Menci

16 Aug 2017, 2:18:52 am16/8/17
to OpenPnP
Hello Marek,

I have nearly finished my design of holder which can accommodate Juki and Samsung holder with nozzles...
I need to do some tests soonest!

You have Nema8 5mm hollow shaft on your P&P Marek ?

Cheers from Poland
Mike

Marek T.

16 Aug 2017, 5:06:23 am16/8/17
to OpenPnP
Hi Mike
My machine is old re-trofited Philips. I have converted original philips' holder (hard to find good used nozzles in these times) into holder for Juki nozzles. Fatal descission it was as copies' quality is more than fatal (runtimes) while original costs over $150. The luck that prior-to-vision is added to Openpno, without this these nozzles are not to use if the nozzle is not fixed with 3 screws and manualy calibrated (forget auto-changer or quick nozzles changing at all). So I'm interresting with Samsung as have still 3 machines to convert - however with old original system they are not precised but 2xtimes faster (no vision and faster DC servomotors driver) - so I'm still not sure if will do this for every 3.

Really waiting for your tests results about the runtimes of Samsung.

Mike Menci

23 Jan 2018, 2:20:26 am23/1/18
to OpenPnP
Hello Marek,

Please contact me to my private mail and I will explain and send you some photos of solution for holder.
You can see the new Juki holder in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tKd8qeCu0Y
It has 7.0 mm diameter for Juki and Samsung

Mike Menci

23 Jan 2018, 2:25:25 am23/1/18
to OpenPnP
Here the view: