What means: There is a better Marlin firmware available.

jbasia

Jan 20, 2023, 3:28:28 AM1/20/23
to OpenPnP
Machine wiring is basically finished, now trying connecting OpenPnP with the machine. So far no breakthrough.

I get this message (which means OpenPnP can "see" my controller).

There is a better Marlin firmware available. FIRMWARE_NAME:Marlin 2.1.1 (Jan 20 2023 13:42:53) SOURCE_CODE_URL:github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:FYSETC SPIDER V22 EXTRUDER_COUNT:3 UUID:cede2a2f-41a2-4748-9b12-c55c62f367ff

Please upgrade to the special PnP version. See info link.

I am using 2.1.x (which is 2.1.1 bugfix) But what means special PnP version, and there was no Info Link (need to add I use Debian Linux, LinuxCNC flavor).

I can't move with the arrows (I get MOVE_TO_COMMAND missing), however, I can move by inputting G-codes like G0 X10 in the OpenPnP GCode driver console.

I have not finetuned to OpenPnP yet. That is my vanilla M503 (I see some differences with the output on this page )

SENDING:M503
echo:; Linear Units:
echo:  G21 ; (mm)
echo:; Temperature Units:
echo:  M149 C ; Units in Celsius
echo:; Filament settings (Disabled):
echo:  M200 S0
echo:  M200 T0 D1.75
echo:  M200 T1 D1.75
echo:  M200 T2 D1.75
echo:; Steps per unit:
echo:  M92 X80.00 Y80.00 Z400.00 E50.00
echo:; Max feedrates (units/s):
echo:  M203 X300.00 Y300.00 Z5.00 E25.00
echo:; Max Acceleration (units/s2):
echo:  M201 X3000.00 Y3000.00 Z100.00 E100.00
echo:; Acceleration (units/s2) (P<print-accel> R<retract-accel> T<travel-accel>):
echo:  M204 P3000.00 R3000.00 T3000.00
echo:; Advanced (B<min_segment_time_us> S<min_feedrate> T<min_travel_feedrate> J<junc_dev>):
echo:  M205 B20000.00 S0.00 T0.00 J0.01
echo:; Home offset:
echo:  M206 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.00
echo:; Hotend offsets:
echo:echo:  M218 T1 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.000
echo:  M218 T2 X0.00 Y0.00 Z0.000
echo:; Hotend PID:
echo:  M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
echo:  M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
echo:  M301 P22.20 I1.08 D114.00
echo:; Stepper driver current:
echo:  M906 X800 Y800 Z800
echo:  M906 T0 E800
echo:  M906 T1 E800
echo:  M906 T2 E800
echo:; Driver stepping mode:
echo:  M569 S1 X Y Z
echo:  M569 S1 T0 E
echo:  M569 S1 T1 E
echo:  M569 S1 T2 E
echo:; Tool-changing:
echo:  M217 Z2.00

jbasia

Jan 20, 2023, 3:48:57 AM1/20/23
to OpenPnP
Forgot the OpenPnP version, it's: 2022-08-01_18.07.09.2a36a8d

mark maker

Jan 21, 2023, 9:15:12 AM1/21/23
to ope...@googlegroups.com

I recommend upgrading to the latest test Version of OpenPnP. It is considered very mature now and among many things has better diagnostics for Marlin.

Basically the message means that you haven't configured Marlin for extra rotation axes, typically "Extruder" axes are the default for 3D printing, but in modern OpenPnP we do not want "Extruder" axes because they do not allow full and simultaneous coordinated axis control.

Unlike for TinyG, Duet and Smoothieware, I don't now much about Marlin and how to configure it that way.

Other Marlin users to the help, please!

_Mark

jbasia

Jan 21, 2023, 10:26:15 PM1/21/23
to OpenPnP
Thanks for the reply!

On Saturday, 21 January 2023 at 22:15:12 UTC+8 ma...@makr.zone wrote:

I recommend upgrading to the latest test Version of OpenPnP. It is considered very mature now and among many things has better diagnostics for Marlin.

I will give that a try ASAP.

Basically the message means that you haven't configured Marlin for extra rotation axes, typically "Extruder" axes are the default for 3D printing, but in modern OpenPnP we do not want "Extruder" axes because they do not allow full and simultaneous coordinated axis control.

So because OpenPNP can't see E0 etc, I presume. I changed the "extruders" from E0, E1, E2 to I, J, K. I can get them to move now in the console with i.e. "G1 A10" . I don't get that warning now. I had to cut it short yesterday and will continue when I am back at the PnP.

Unlike for TinyG, Duet and Smoothieware, I don't now much about Marlin and how to configure it that way.

I am now on Marlin and will see how far I can go. I have a Smoothie-Controller on stand-by (still packed). I got some Marlin ideas from looking at the LumenPNP Configuration.h/***_adv.h (found on Github). Will do more fine tuning in the next few days.