New Issues & Solutions Machine Setup Guidance

ma...@makr.zone

Aug 2, 2022, 12:59:25 PM8/2/22
to OpenPnP
Hi all,

I've just merged a round-up of various Issues & Solutions extensions, improvements and bug-fixes into the testing version.

For the most important topics, watch the video:

Download testing version:

Mode details here:

_Mark

vespaman

Aug 2, 2022, 2:14:48 PM8/2/22
to OpenPnP
Super interesting! Seeing that I get 265ms (so room for improvement!), my question is - how would one know if the controller supports any of the different motion control types, and which is better over the other? I guess there's good docs as always, but is there any way to search the docs? I rarely find what I am after when I need it..

Cheers,
  Micael

mark maker

Aug 2, 2022, 2:52:30 PM8/2/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

I've just added a primitive search link to the Wiki:

It's the best I know how to make with the means of Github.

Click it and it will go to a search page, limited to Wiki pages.

In the top search field, enter what you want to search. As always with search engines, the more specific the search terms, the more specific the results. So if you saw a video about camera settling and saw it got better by adjusting jerk limits, you should use these "strange" words ("camera" is certainly not specific):

I think the results are quite good:

_Mark

vespaman

Aug 2, 2022, 5:19:48 PM8/2/22
to OpenPnP

Thank You!

This will help all newcomers - I mean the docs are very good, and with a software like OpenPnP you kind of need it. I tried it with "pipeline" - something I wondered "what it was exactly" when I was absolutely new to OpenPnP, and just could not find. Now it came up directly with "What is it?". Even google couldn't help me, and I was too afraid to ask. :-)

 Micael

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Aug 3, 2022, 8:09:29 AM8/3/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Mark,
after installed new version the exception raise when try to accept "ContactProbeNozzle".
26.png
Any Suggests?

LAG

machine.xml

mark maker

Aug 3, 2022, 11:04:49 AM8/3/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hi LAG,

Thanks for reporting this. It is fixed.

Details here:
https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/pull/1465

Give it 10 minutes to deploy, then upgrade, and please report if it works:
https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

_Mark

On 03.08.22 14:09, Litterio Andrea Guainella wrote:
Hi Mark,
after installed new version the exception raise when try to accept "ContactProbeNozzle".
26.png
Any Suggests?

LAG...

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Aug 3, 2022, 11:06:13 AM8/3/22
to OpenPnP
Thank you Mark.
Sure...

LAG

mark maker

Aug 3, 2022, 11:15:16 AM8/3/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

It is now deployed. Make sure to only download/upgrade now.

_Mark

Litterio Andrea Guainella

Aug 3, 2022, 1:28:47 PM8/3/22
to OpenPnP