My own Demo Board.

Alexander Bugl

Jun 23, 2024, 6:48:41 PM (10 days ago) Jun 23
to OpenPnP

Can i simualte an Pick-and-Place Job where i can create my own Demp Board? If yes, how can i change or create  it?

mark maker

Jun 24, 2024, 4:11:02 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to ope...@googlegroups.com

You need to render the PCB(s) as bitmap(s) and then make a "collage" of the whole machine table, i.e. include feeders etc. The current "pnp-test" might give you inspiration:

https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/blob/develop/src/main/resources/samples/pnp-test/pnp-test.png

It does not need to adhere to this "negative/black" color scheme, in fact a more photo-realistic scheme would be more fun. For a good simulation, make it "imperfect", i.e., slightly rotate the PCBs and feeders for instance, so you can test the vision calibrations. You could also add noise/dirt etc. to the image to make it a bit harder/more realistic for vision (I always wanted to do that, frankly, and never found the time 😉).

Then you can set the image in the ImageCamera in Machine Setup, as shown in the screenshot below, it can take normal file paths too.

Everything that is on that image must be to the same scale. The Simulated Units per Pixel can be adjusted to match that scale. Don't make it too high resolution or the ImageCamera might become sluggish.

If you match the scale in the stock "pnp-test" image, you could also simply mount your PCB rendering into that.

_Mark