Software jogs but no real movement.

JacobApollo

Nov 19, 2021, 12:18:37 PM11/19/21
to OpenPnP
I have a Liteplacer PnP running OpenPNP. Monday, I had finally gotten bottom vision working well enough to see the parts and correct rotation/translation for 16/16 R0805 Resistors on a sample board. Then Tuesday we had a guy come in to start learning the machine and go through our startup guide and for some reason now the machine will not move. OpenPNP lets me jog the XYZC directional buttons, the red light comes on (the smoothieboard to indicate movement when I push a button) and the XYZC values in the bottom right change correctly, but the actual motors will not spin. I have a demo machine that is a completely different board with a completely different laptop that is having the same problems. I have been struggling with this for 72Hours trying to use old backup configurations but it still does the same thing. Occasionally I get an response timeout M114 get position error. My apologies for posting in the wrong location at first I am not well versed in Github. I have attached the log file as well as some others for review. Thank you for your time!
log.txt
machine.txt
config.txt
CurrentFirmware.PNG

mark maker

Nov 19, 2021, 3:05:18 PM11/19/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

It seems you are jogging around with 0.01mm steps. You have to adjust the Distance lever:

Note, OpenPnP always defaults to the lowest Distance for safety.

_Mark

On 19.11.21 18:17, JacobApollo wrote:
[...]
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/d39beaac-8f88-4ae2-91d5-1d39f62dbdaan%40googlegroups.com.

Fieldy Snuts

Nov 19, 2021, 5:37:09 PM11/19/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the timely response as always.
lol, if that was the issue from the beginning I would be very embarrassed.
No, unfortunately regardless of the increment it wont move.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenPnP" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openpnp/dfa28091-c1c2-15d4-78de-96098909f992%40makr.zone.
Message has been deleted

mark maker

Nov 20, 2021, 3:22:26 AM11/20/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Well, I see correct G-code being sent and acknowledged. So the problem must lay on the controller/driver side.

I would look into the PSU connection. Smoothie is known to be powered by USB, so if PSU power is missing, it still acts as if everything is OK, including lighting LEDs, but it may be not. Perhaps the motor power is somehow not connected right, or a fuse blown?

_Mark

If this does not happen, then I guess the stepper confi