Calibration Rig confusion

Dave McGuire

Jan 8, 2022, 1:09:40 PM1/8/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Hey folks, I'm working with the new testing version. There's amazing
new functionality in there!

One thing, however, has me confused. I've put together the
calibration rig per the documentation, and have been using it. But is
that something that is intended to be left on the build platform? Or is
it the case that, every time I use it, I should just put it back and
re-probe its location?

Thanks,
-Dave

--
Dave McGuire
McGuire Scientific Services, LLC

Zdenko Stanec

Jan 8, 2022, 5:33:19 PM1/8/22
to OpenPnP
Hi Dave,

There is no need for the calibration rig to be permanently mounted onto the machine.

Fiducial "Home" that is used in Visual Homing and calibration should be permanently present and should not be moved.

Br,

Zdenko

mark maker

Jan 9, 2022, 4:48:16 AM1/9/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Zdenko is correct.

I used a spare PCB as the base for the rig. It is roughly hand-mounted like any other PCB would be. There's usually no need to re-probe its location, as long as it is within a few Millimeters of the original positon. Fiducials are always re-acquired in the individual calibration steps, if needed.

_Mark

Dave McGuire

Jan 9, 2022, 4:31:28 PM1/9/22
to ope...@googlegroups.com

Perfect. Thank you, Zdenko and Mark, for this clarification.

My efforts with the new testing version are yielding good results
thus far. I continue to be very impressed with Issues & Solutions. I
think I've found a new bug in the scripting system, but I'll blab about
that later, once I get a bit farther.

Thanks,
-Dave