Test revision startup issue

Zdenko Stanec

Mar 25, 2023, 6:15:39 PM3/25/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,

I am always running the latest test revision, and yesterday evening all was working fine, but today I can not start it, not even backup from 20.3. is working?

Capture.JPG

Br,

Zdenko
machine.xml

tonyl...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2023, 10:56:26 PM3/25/23
to OpenPnP
You don't happen to be running Windows 7? There have been startup issues reported with it https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/issues/1538

Zdenko Stanec

Mar 26, 2023, 3:09:37 AM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Hi Tony,

No, I am running Windows 10 Pro

Zdenko,

tonyl...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2023, 12:22:36 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Well, something does appear to be broken with the latest test version. I just loaded it and running from Eclipse under Windows 10 Pro, I get a similar but not exactly the same error message:

error.png

See the attached log file for the stack trace.

I suspect it has something to do with PR1534 but I'm not very familiar with that stuff. Hopefully Jason or someone else can figure it out.
OpenPnP.log

Zdenko Stanec

Mar 26, 2023, 1:46:16 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Hi,

I rolled back to 2023-03-17_15-40-52.1ae8d52 just to see if I can make it work again, the old test revision is ok.

Zdenko,

Jim Young

Mar 26, 2023, 4:01:45 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Something is definitely broken. I'm having the same problem after upgrading to the latest test version on Windows 11 Pro. Machine.xml attached.

OpenPnP startup error.png

machine.xml

Jim Young

Mar 26, 2023, 4:03:40 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
My log file.
OpenPnP.0.log

Jim Young

Mar 26, 2023, 4:13:11 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
I also rolled back to  2023-03-17_15-40-52.1ae8d52, which is working normally.

Jim Young

Mar 26, 2023, 4:18:44 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Something to do with the camera code?

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR: Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: The specified module could not be found.

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at com.sun.jna.Native.open(Native Method)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(NativeLibrary.java:277)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:461)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at com.sun.jna.NativeLibrary.getInstance(NativeLibrary.java:403)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at org.openpnp.capture.library.OpenpnpCaptureLibrary.<clinit>(OpenpnpCaptureLibrary.java:18)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at org.openpnp.capture.OpenPnpCapture.<init>(OpenPnpCapture.java:15)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     at org.openpnp.machine.reference.camera.OpenPnpCaptureCamera.<init>(OpenPnpCaptureCamera.java:42)

2023-03-26 12:57:58.796 SystemLogger ERROR:     ... 69 more

tonyl...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2023, 4:24:12 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Yeah, probably. Jason already has an issue open here but I suspect he was thinking it was only a problem with Windows 7. I added a comment to that issue pointing to this thread.

Tony

Jason von Nieda

Mar 26, 2023, 4:47:27 PM3/26/23
to OpenPnP
Hi all,

Thanks for the pings. Yes, it's a problem with the camera code. I made new builds of the camera code that were intended to support newer JDK versions, but it looks like there's an issue on Windows. I'm looking into it and will try to get it resolved today or tomorrow. as Tony mentioned, you can follow along here https://github.com/openpnp/openpnp/issues/1538 and I will also post back to this thread and the other when I have a solution. In the meantime, using the older version is fine.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason von Nieda

Mar 27, 2023, 10:57:56 PM3/27/23
to OpenPnP
This should be fixed now, in the test branch. Please try the latest: https://openpnp.org/test-downloads/

Issue was due to new openpnp-capture version being built with MinGW instead of Visual Studio. It is now being built with Visual Studio 2022. There is still a risk that it might not work on much older versions of Windows, but you should be able to install a support package.

Please let me know via this thread or otherwise if you still experience startup issues.

Thanks!
Jason

P.S. Sorry for all the cross-posting I'm about to do - there's several threads about this issue.

Zdenko Stanec

Mar 28, 2023, 9:54:54 AM3/28/23
to OpenPnP
Hi Jason,

Thank you, I can confirm that 2023-03-28_04-11-02.194b549 works on Windows 10 Pro.

Zdenko,