Re: Error vector and noise removal in OpenPIV

Message has been deleted

naoki(Japan-sutudent)

Dec 19, 2022, 11:44:16 AM12/19/22
to openpiv-users
I will explain in addition.

The figure is a graph of the time-series velocity of a certain point PIVed with OpenPIV.

I tried to remove the erroneous vector using the function openpiv.validation.global_std, but it did not improve.

How do you remove false vectors?

2022年12月19日月曜日 11:34:27 UTC+9 naoki(Japan-sutudent):
Hello dear OpenPIV community.

I'm not sure about error vectors and noise removal in OpenPIV, so I'm asking for help.

As shown in the attached image, an incorrect vector is generated randomly.

I would like to prevent this error vector from appearing. Could you tell me the solution?

Thank you in advance.

Ikeya

Velocity.png

naoki(Japan-sutudent)

Dec 19, 2022, 11:57:58 AM12/19/22
to openpiv-users
I also used the function filters.replace_outliers, but it didn't improve.

2022年12月20日火曜日 1:44:16 UTC+9 naoki(Japan-sutudent):

Alex Liberzon

Dec 20, 2022, 2:19:58 AM12/20/22
to openpiv-users
Hi
Please share your code and your images - it’s impossible to understand if it’s the openpiv problem and where it comes from, or maybe it’s something in the images that appear randomly.
A shared google drive with an attached collaboratory notebook is probably the best way to ensure we run the same code and see the same result.

Regards