Vector Direction Issue

Pampa Dey

Mar 4, 2021, 1:11:40 AM3/4/21
to openpiv-users
Hi,
I am using the latest version of OpenPivGui in Python 0.4.2.
There I was just playing with different images.
There I found one thing in source code the direction of the vector is completely opposite in Gui and source code.
Also, we can observe the direction of flow just by looking at the images.
I think it is a little confusing.

I am sharing the images.

Peter Vennemann

Mar 4, 2021, 1:19:33 AM3/4/21
to openpiv-users
Hi,
On »Analysis → Algorithms/Calibration« you can configure to flip or invert the velocity components. It is a personal question of how to define the coordinate system. Does that help?
Regards!
Peter

Pampa Dey

Mar 4, 2021, 1:27:42 AM3/4/21