multipass

Rory Cerbus

Dec 21, 2022, 1:50:54 AM12/21/22
to openpiv-users
Hello, thank you for all of your hard work on this nice code!

I was wondering about the number of windows in multi-pass (windef).

I wanted to see how the result might improve if I did more passes, but it seems that the number of iterations is fixed. If I set:

settings.windowsizes = (128, 64, 32) # if longer than n iteration the rest is ignored
settings.overlap = (64, 32, 16) # This is 50% overlap

Then I get 32 pixel windows with 16 pixel (50%) overlap.

If however I set:
settings.windowsizes = (256, 128, 64, 32) # if longer than n iteration the rest is ignored
settings.overlap = (128, 64, 32, 16) # This is 50% overlap

Then it truncates the iterations at 64 pixel windows with 32 pixel overlap. Since the comment in the tutorial (which I just copied and pasted and then have been modifying) suggests that the number of iterations is set somehow, I tried to change it with this:

settings.iterations = 3 # select the number of PIV passes

(I also tried 4 and 5), but to no avail. It always stops at 64. When you have time would someone be willing to help me with this?

Best regards,
Rory

Alex Liberzon

Dec 21, 2022, 5:14:22 PM12/21/22
to openpiv-users
The correct settings is called num_iterations. I guess that was a problem.

see this notebook that should answer your questions

Rory Cerbus

Dec 21, 2022, 9:07:39 PM12/21/22
to Alex Liberzon, openpiv-users
Dear Alex,