Schlieren Image Velocimetry using a telecentric optical system

Danilo Almeida Machado

Mar 28, 2023, 9:42:51 AM3/28/23
to openpiv-users

Greetings to my fellow OpenPIV community members. I am excited to share my latest paper, "Simultaneous Analysis of Liquid Film Instabilities and Properties of Swirl Sprays by Telecentric Shadowgraphy." This paper, currently available as a preprint on SSRN, introduces a groundbreaking development in velocimetry that employs a telecentric optical system. Unlike traditional techniques, this approach eliminates the need for lasers or flow seeding, allowing for more efficient and cost-effective measurements.

Best regards,
Danilo A. Machado
PhD Student at National Insitute for Space Research, Brazil

Alex Liberzon

Mar 28, 2023, 10:17:43 AM3/28/23
to openpiv-users
Great news Danilo,

Could you maybe share with the community a repo that shows a test case of your type of analysis?

Thanks
Alex