Integrate IP with APB and AXI interfaces

Cong Tran Van

Apr 21, 2024, 8:21:59 PMApr 21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi everyone,

I have an IP using APB and AXI interface.
Which bridge can I use to connect that IP with Openpiton?
with 2 bridges Noc2AXI4 and Noc2Axilite, how many bits of address and bits of data can be used?

Thanks,
Cong

Jonathan Balkind

Apr 21, 2024, 8:43:58 PMApr 21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Cong,

It depends on what exactly you need. Is the IP driving the AXI interface (a "master") or being driven by it (a "slave")? That would affect which bridge or setup to use.

For APB: Previously we have used the NoC to AXI-Lite bridge (provided by openpiton) + an AXI-Lite to APB bridge (axi2apb here in Sanzhar's repo https://github.com/Sequner/byoc/tree/Sanzhar-nvdla/piton/design/chipset/accelerators/rtl) to connect to IP that used APB (specifically Sanzhar was connecting NVDLA).

I don't think the IP tends to care how many bits of address there are. Our AXI-Lite bridge supports 32 or 64 bits of data.

Thanks,
Jon