sims missing library error when building

Yi Li

Apr 29, 2021, 7:57:49 AM4/29/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi, Jonathan
I'm trying to build a sim model in centos (VER: 7.8 and 8.2), but there are some errors that occurred. sims.log file is attached.

I try some following steps listed in the README,
% mkplilib clean
% mkplilib vcs

Then, I try again with following command, error still existed!
% sims -sys=manycore -x_tiles=1 -y_tiles=1 -vcs_build

/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /openpiton/piton/tools/Linux/x86_64/lib/libsocket_pli.a when searching for -lsocket_pli
/bin/ld: cannot find -lsocket_pli
/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /openpiton/piton/tools/Linux/x86_64/lib/libiob.a when searching for -liob
/bin/ld: cannot find -liob
/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /openpiton/piton/tools/Linux/x86_64/lib/libmem_pli.a when searching for -lmem_pli
/bin/ld: cannot find -lmem_pli
make: *** [Makefile:109: product_timestamp] Error 1
Make exited with status 2
CPU time: 8.652 seconds to compile + .545 seconds to elab + .178 seconds to link
sims: Caught a SIGDIE. failed building model at /openpiton/piton/tools/src/sims/sims,2.0 line 1571.

Thanks in advance !
Yi

sims.log

Jonathan Balkind

Apr 29, 2021, 5:14:29 PM4/29/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Yi,

My guess would be that you don't have the -full64 argument to vcs? In our readme we suggest adding the following to your bashrc or piton_settings.bash:

function vcs() { command vcs -full64 "$@"; }; export -f vcs

That will make any call to vcs a vcs -full64. The error you've got looks like it's skipping the libraries because they don't match the architecture (which often happens for this 32 vs 64 bit case). In general most users don't need to use mkplilib so you may want to also try checking those .so files back out after you've made the -full64 change.

Thanks,
Jon

Yi Li

Apr 30, 2021, 4:47:17 AM4/30/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your support.

Problems has been solved  by taking your suggestion.  Another reasons about this issue is that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH  is set with wrong way in my work  environment.

Thanks,
Yi

Jonathan Balkind

Apr 30, 2021, 11:52:45 AM4/30/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Yi,

You might want to modify ariane_setup.sh to change how it sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH. I think it overwrites rather than appending/preprending. I've been meaning to fix that issue but I know it will cause problems for other people when I do...

Thanks,
Jon