Read from putty

SALMEN BELGACEM

May 15, 2024, 12:18:45 PMMay 15
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hello everyone,
I want to try something for the factorial.c is there any way that i can read the input number from the putty interface for that test ?
Thanks,
Best regards

Jonathan Balkind

May 15, 2024, 12:48:31 PMMay 15
to OpenPiton Discussion
I think that the included factorial.c is for use with opensparc? I wouldn't recommend using that core at this point. Ariane will work much better and likely have fewer issues.

If you want to read from the UART you will have to read from the appropriate address in the register map. Essentially you'll need a function similar to the put which is implemented in assembly: https://github.com/PrincetonUniversity/openpiton/blob/openpiton/piton/verif/diag/assembly/include/c/put.s

Thanks,
Jon