multiple core configuration

Bruce Ouyu

Mar 13, 2024, 11:17:41 AMMar 13
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi, there

How do I configure Piton to be a multi-core design? I have tried to run 'sims -sys=manycore -x_tiles=2 -y_tiles=2 -vcs_build' but it seems the RTL view based on generated flist under build folder is still single tile.

If possible, please tell me where it is documented?

Thanks,
Bruce

Jonathan Balkind

Mar 13, 2024, 11:19:15 AMMar 13
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Bruce,

Could you say a little more about what you mean by "the RTL view based on generated flist under build folder is still single tile"? That command should definitely produce a 4 tile version of the design. You can double check in chip.tmp.v where you should see tile0/1/2/3 instantiated.

Thanks,
Jon

Bruce Ouyu

Mar 22, 2024, 12:57:43 PMMar 22
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi, Jon

I have figured it out that I should run sims -vcs_build before sims -vcs_run.

Thanks!
Bruce