Simulation using a newIP

SALMEN BELGACEM

Jun 12, 2024, 11:31:19 AMJun 12
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hello ,
I tried to integrate a new IP to the openpiton and i have put it instead of the uart (axi wrapped IP) so what i wanna ask now if possible to write a test bench for this exact module to see if the NOC connectic are right ! as i am not sure yet .
How to proceed from here ? and is instaniating the noc_axilite bride same as in the uart_top and using only the noc signals mentionned there are enough.
Thanks,

Jonathan Balkind

Jun 12, 2024, 9:34:44 PMJun 12
to OpenPiton Discussion
I think you could just run a regular simulation and drive the input/output ports from the new module from chipset_impl->chipset->system->manycore_top (which is the top level testbench file).

You probably also want to make sure the memory map is set correctly to forward loads/stores to the device in piton/verif/env/manycore/devices_ariane.xml

Yeah, instantiating the bridge from noc2 and noc3 as you're doing should be sufficient!