OpenPiton Functional Coverage

Isuru Meegahathenna

Jun 3, 2024, 12:31:18 PMJun 3
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi All,

I referred the OpenPiton Simulation Manual and noticed the following on coverage.

5.6 Determining Test Coverage
Coming Soon. This documentation will be included in a future release. Please email open...@princeton.edu or post to the OpenPiton discussion groups if you have questions on this topic.

Is there any work done on this aspect?
Can you point me to the documentation on the coverage, or an OpenPiton github repo which contains functional coverage implementations?

Thanks & Regards,
Isuru Meegahathenna

Jonathan Balkind

Jun 3, 2024, 12:33:20 PMJun 3
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Isuru,

Check out the -vcs_cm_* arguments to sims,2.0. Coverage can be gathered using the covermeter/urg feature of VCS specifically. I haven't used it in some time but another user recently confirmed to me that it does indeed work.

Thanks,
Jon

Isuru Meegahathenna

Jun 4, 2024, 2:13:33 PMJun 4
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Jon,

Using  -vcs_cm_* arguments just enables the code coverage.
I want to know if there is any functional coverage (system verilog covergroups) implemented in OpenPiton.

Thanks & Regards,
Isuru Meegahathenna

Jonathan Balkind

Jun 4, 2024, 2:15:11 PMJun 4
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Isuru,

The manual is referring to code coverage rather than functional. Most of the OpenPiton code is written in verilog 2005 which does not have the features you mention to my knowledge. There may be some in Ariane/CVA6 but that's not specific to openpiton itself and I haven't looked at that before.

Thanks,
Jon