Clarification for Ariane Configs

Zachary Dimeglio

Apr 18, 2024, 3:59:56 PMApr 18
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hey There,

I had a quick question regarding how different configurations are run for the OpenPiton+Ariane core (if this isn't the right place for this, please let me know).

Within the "cva6/core/include/" directory, there are lots of interesting Ariane configurations that I am interested in. Say for instance, I wish to use the configs given by "cva6/core/include/cv32a6_embedded_config_pkg.sv" for building OP+Ariane. I am not too sure where I would go about pointing to this config. My assumption was I need to specify this in the top "cva6/core/cva6.sv" file, but I am not entirely sure if this or correct, or how to do it.  This also makes me curious what the default config package used by the OP+Ariane repo is. I am interested in creating + building my own core based on <my_configs>.sv, so it would be great to understand this.

Thank you,
Zachary

Jonathan Balkind

Apr 21, 2024, 8:38:51 PMApr 21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hey Zachary,

The ariane config we use is the one that has openpiton in its name. You can change Flist.ariane if you want to use a different one but I provide absolutely zero warranty that any other configuration will work.

Which kind of parameters are you thinking that you would like to change?

Thanks,
Jon